MX23RW : Saturday, February 24 02:08:33| >> :300:86500:86500:
Alaves logo
Almeria
Athletic Bilbao logo
Atletico Madrid logo
Barcelona logo
Cadiz logo
Celta Vigo logo
Getafe logo
Girona logo
Granada logo
Las Palmas
Mallorca logo
Osauna logo
Rayo Vallecano logo
Real Betis logo
Real Madrid logo
Real Sociedad logo
Sevilla logo
Valencia logo
Villarreal logo
Granada logo
La Liga | Gameweek 16
Dec 11, 2023 at 8pm UK
Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes
Athletic Bilbao logo
Granada
1 - 1
Athletic Bilbao
FT(HT: 0-1)
Williams (6')
Williams (78'), Berchiche (90')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's La Liga clash between Granada and Athletic Bilbao, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Real Madrid 2-0 Granada
Saturday, December 2 at 5.30pm in La Liga

We said: Granada 1-2 Athletic Bilbao

We are expecting this to be a close match in terms of the general play and indeed the scoreline, but Athletic are in excellent form at the moment, and we believe that the Lions will be able to navigate their way to what would be an important victory at this stage of the campaign. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Athletic Bilbao win with a probability of 52.12%. A draw had a probability of 24.3% and a win for Granada had a probability of 23.58%.

The most likely scoreline for an Athletic Bilbao win was 0-1 with a probability of 11.1%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (9.65%) and 0-2 (9.28%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (11.55%), while for a Granada win it was 1-0 (6.92%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with an 11.6% likelihood.

Result
GranadaDrawAthletic Bilbao
23.58% (1.385 1.39) 24.3% (0.849 0.85) 52.12% (-2.24 -2.24)
Both teams to score 52.49% (-0.98399999999999 -0.98)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
50.89% (-2.137 -2.14)49.1% (2.131 2.13)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
28.82% (-1.963 -1.96)71.18% (1.956 1.96)
Granada Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
64.65% (0.087999999999994 0.09)35.35% (-0.094000000000001 -0.09)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
27.89% (0.094000000000001 0.09)72.1% (-0.10000000000001 -0.1)
Athletic Bilbao Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.18% (-1.64 -1.64)18.81% (1.634 1.63)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
49.75% (-2.812 -2.81)50.25% (2.807 2.81)
Score Analysis
    Granada 23.58%
    Athletic Bilbao 52.11%
    Draw 24.3%
GranadaDrawAthletic Bilbao
1-0 @ 6.92% (0.601 0.6)
2-1 @ 6.01% (0.238 0.24)
2-0 @ 3.6% (0.32 0.32)
3-1 @ 2.08% (0.088 0.09)
3-2 @ 1.74% (-0.017 -0.02)
3-0 @ 1.25% (0.114 0.11)
Other @ 1.99%
Total : 23.58%
1-1 @ 11.55% (0.43 0.43)
0-0 @ 6.65% (0.562 0.56)
2-2 @ 5.02% (-0.064 -0.06)
3-3 @ 0.97% (-0.063 -0.06)
Other @ 0.11%
Total : 24.3%
0-1 @ 11.1% (0.38 0.38)
1-2 @ 9.65% (-0.148 -0.15)
0-2 @ 9.28% (-0.166 -0.17)
1-3 @ 5.37% (-0.379 -0.38)
0-3 @ 5.17% (-0.379 -0.38)
2-3 @ 2.8% (-0.189 -0.19)
1-4 @ 2.24% (-0.29 -0.29)
0-4 @ 2.16% (-0.284 -0.28)
2-4 @ 1.17% (-0.147 -0.15)
Other @ 3.17%
Total : 52.11%

How you voted: Granada vs Athletic Bilbao

Granada
12.0%
Draw
6.0%
Athletic Bilbao
82.0%
50
Head to Head
May 10, 2022 7pm
Gameweek 36
Granada
1-0
Athletic Bilbao
Collado (35')
Quini (41'), Escudero (77'), Duarte (88'), Brice Eteki (90+2')

Vesga (72')
Vesga (85')
Nov 26, 2021 8pm
Gameweek 15
Athletic Bilbao
2-2
Granada
Garcia (10'), Maximiano (76' og.)
Marcelino (53'), Zarraga (62')
Martinez (90+9')
Machis (25'), Molina (34')
Montoro (40'), Sanchez (77')
Mar 7, 2021 8pm
Gameweek 26
Athletic Bilbao
2-1
Granada
Villalibre (3'), Berenguer (90+1')
Garcia (28'), Vencedor (68')
Molina (78')
Herrera (59'), Diaz (90+5')
Sep 12, 2020 5.30pm
Gameweek 1
Granada
2-0
Athletic Bilbao
Herrera (49'), Milla (53')
Herrera (10'), Sanchez (45'), Gonalons (90+2')

Morcillo (15'), Martinez (52'), Lopez (72'), Alvarez (84')
Jul 19, 2020 8pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Real Madrid25195153163762
2GironaGirona25175354322256
3Barcelona25166352341854
4Atletico MadridAtletico25163650262451
5Athletic Bilbao25147445232249
6Real Sociedad26101063526940
7Real BetisBetis2591242825339
8Valencia2510692929036
9Las PalmasLas Palmas25105102525035
10Getafe2581073334-134
11Osasuna2595112936-732
12Villarreal2678113848-1029
13AlavesAlaves2577112431-728
14Rayo Vallecano25510102233-1125
15Sevilla2559113037-724
16Mallorca25411102233-1123
17Celta Vigo2548132737-1020
18CadizCadiz25211121535-2017
19Granada2528152749-2214
20Almeria2508172352-298

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!