MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 11:53:37| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
FC Volendam
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Excelsior
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Vitesse
Ajax
Eredivisie | Gameweek 15
Dec 9, 2023 at 5.45pm UK
Johan Cruijff Arena
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Ajax
2 - 1
Sparta
Brobbey (8'), Bergwijn (42' pen.)
FT(HT: 2-0)
Neghli (55')
de Guzman (68')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Eredivisie clash between Ajax and Sparta Rotterdam, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: RKC Waalwijk 2-3 Ajax
Wednesday, December 6 at 7pm in Eredivisie
Last Game: Heracles 0-1 Sparta
Saturday, December 2 at 8pm in Eredivisie

We said: Ajax 3-1 Sparta Rotterdam

While Sparta are in fine form on their travels, Ajax pack a punch and should continue their impressive run this weekend. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Ajax win with a probability of 53.84%. A win for Sparta Rotterdam had a probability of 24.85% and a draw had a probability of 21.3%.

The most likely scoreline for an Ajax win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.49%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (7.08%) and 1-0 (6.9%). The likeliest Sparta Rotterdam win was 1-2 (6.21%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.26%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 9.5% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Ajax in this match and our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted the win for Ajax.

Result
AjaxDrawSparta Rotterdam
53.84% (-0.249 -0.25) 21.3% (0.123 0.12) 24.85% (0.13 0.13)
Both teams to score 64.34% (-0.301 -0.3)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
65.86% (-0.455 -0.45)34.14% (0.46 0.46)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
43.97% (-0.515 -0.52)56.03% (0.521 0.52)
Ajax Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.13% (-0.224 -0.22)12.87% (0.229 0.23)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
60.74% (-0.467 -0.47)39.26% (0.472 0.47)
Sparta Rotterdam Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.84% (-0.152 -0.15)26.16% (0.157 0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.76% (-0.206 -0.21)61.24% (0.211 0.21)
Score Analysis
    Ajax 53.84%
    Sparta Rotterdam 24.85%
    Draw 21.3%
AjaxDrawSparta Rotterdam
2-1 @ 9.49% (0.019 0.02)
2-0 @ 7.08% (0.045999999999999 0.05)
1-0 @ 6.9% (0.104 0.1)
3-1 @ 6.49% (-0.042999999999999 -0.04)
3-0 @ 4.84% (-0.011 -0.01)
3-2 @ 4.35% (-0.048 -0.05)
4-1 @ 3.32% (-0.051 -0.05)
4-0 @ 2.48% (-0.027 -0.03)
4-2 @ 2.23% (-0.044 -0.04)
5-1 @ 1.36% (-0.033 -0.03)
5-0 @ 1.02% (-0.02 -0.02)
4-3 @ 1% (-0.025 -0.02)
5-2 @ 0.91% (-0.026 -0.03)
Other @ 2.39%
Total : 53.84%
1-1 @ 9.26% (0.099 0.1)
2-2 @ 6.36% (-0.015 -0.01)
0-0 @ 3.37% (0.08 0.08)
3-3 @ 1.94% (-0.03 -0.03)
Other @ 0.37%
Total : 21.3%
1-2 @ 6.21% (0.039000000000001 0.04)
0-1 @ 4.51% (0.086 0.09)
0-2 @ 3.03% (0.045 0.04)
2-3 @ 2.84% (-0.019 -0.02)
1-3 @ 2.77% (0.0049999999999999 0)
0-3 @ 1.35% (0.014 0.01)
2-4 @ 0.95% (-0.011 -0.01)
1-4 @ 0.93% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.25%
Total : 24.85%

How you voted: Ajax vs Sparta

Ajax
87.5%
Draw
6.3%
Sparta Rotterdam
6.3%
16
Head to Head
Feb 19, 2023 3.45pm
Gameweek 22
Ajax
4-0
Sparta
Tadic (6', 64' pen.), Taylor (27'), Kudus (84')
Aug 21, 2022 1.30pm
Gameweek 3
Sparta
0-1
Ajax

de Guzman (14')
Bergwijn (37')
Alvarez (32')
Apr 9, 2022 7pm
Gameweek 26
Ajax
2-1
Sparta
Klaassen (49'), Tadic (62' pen.)
De Kamps (33')
de Kamps (50'), Auassar (61'), Engels (64')
Nov 28, 2021 11.15am
Gameweek 13
Sparta
0-1
Ajax

Engels (90+5'), Smeets (90+5')
Tadic (36')
Neres (90+4'), Maduro (90+5')
Feb 21, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 23
Ajax
4-2
Sparta
Haller (14', 37'), Schuurs (45+4'), Kudus (50')
Gravenberch (53', 90+1')
Heylen (55')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1PSV EindhovenPSV23212077116665
2Feyenoord22164256173952
3FC Twente22135442222044
4AZ AlkmaarAZ22116542222039
5Ajax22106651411036
6Go Ahead Eagles229763729834
7NECNijmegen238964337633
8FC UtrechtUtrecht238872930-132
9Sparta RotterdamSparta2385102933-429
10PEC Zwolle2376103241-927
11Almere CityAlmere City227692237-1527
12Fortuna SittardSittard2376102339-1627
13Heerenveen2274113444-1025
14Heracles2364132953-2422
15SBV ExcelsiorExcelsior224993545-1021
16RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk2353152040-2018
17FC VolendamVolendam2234152353-3013
18Vitesse2234151646-3013

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!