MX23RW : Sunday, June 16 15:43:10| >> :600:525579:525579:
Japan national football team
World Cup Qualifying - Asia | Second Round
Jun 11, 2024 at 11.14am UK
National Olympic Stadium
Syria national football team

Japan
5 - 0
Syria

Ueda (13'), Doan (19'), Krouma (21' og.), Soma (73' pen.), Minamino (85')
Kamada (79')
FT(HT: 3-0)

Rahman Oues (72'), Ham (78')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's World Cup Qualifying - Asia clash between Japan and Syria, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
World Cup Qualifying
Last Game: Myanmar 0-5 Japan
Thursday, June 6 at 1.10pm in World Cup Qualifying - Asia
All competitions
World Cup Qualifying
Last Game: North Korea 1-0 Syria
Thursday, June 6 at 2pm in World Cup Qualifying - Asia

We said: Japan 3-1 Syria

Japan have proven to be a cut above the rest in Group B, and while they may be guaranteed top spot, we still think that they will have the motivation to wrap up the second stage of qualifying with a home victory. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Japan win with a probability of 67%. A draw had a probability of 18.9% and a win for Syria had a probability of 14.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Japan win was 2-0 with a probability of 10.84%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.82%) and 2-1 (9.81%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.88%), while for a Syria win it was 0-1 (4.02%). The actual scoreline of 5-0 was predicted with a 1.9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Japan would win this match.

Result
JapanDrawSyria
67% (0.084999999999994 0.08) 18.89% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02) 14.1% (-0.062000000000001 -0.06)
Both teams to score 52.99% (-0.089000000000006 -0.09)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
60.16% (-0.032000000000004 -0.03)39.84% (0.031000000000006 0.03)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.8% (-0.033999999999999 -0.03)62.19% (0.031000000000006 0.03)
Japan Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
89.01% (0.010999999999996 0.01)10.99% (-0.013999999999999 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
64.74% (0.030000000000001 0.03)35.25% (-0.032000000000004 -0.03)
Syria Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
59.53% (-0.109 -0.11)40.47% (0.106 0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
22.92% (-0.098999999999997 -0.1)77.08% (0.097999999999999 0.1)
Score Analysis
    Japan 67%
    Syria 14.1%
    Draw 18.89%
JapanDrawSyria
2-0 @ 10.84% (0.029999999999999 0.03)
1-0 @ 9.82% (0.019 0.02)
2-1 @ 9.81% (-0.0040000000000013 -0)
3-0 @ 7.98% (0.026 0.03)
3-1 @ 7.22% (0.0019999999999998 0)
4-0 @ 4.41% (0.016 0.02)
4-1 @ 3.99% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-2 @ 3.27% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
5-0 @ 1.95% (0.008 0.01)
4-2 @ 1.8% (-0.004 -0)
5-1 @ 1.76% (0.0029999999999999 0)
Other @ 4.16%
Total : 67%
1-1 @ 8.88% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
0-0 @ 4.45% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
2-2 @ 4.44% (-0.015 -0.01)
3-3 @ 0.99% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 18.89%
0-1 @ 4.02% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
1-2 @ 4.02% (-0.016 -0.02)
0-2 @ 1.82% (-0.008 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.34% (-0.008 -0.01)
1-3 @ 1.21% (-0.008 -0.01)
Other @ 1.69%
Total : 14.1%

How you voted: Japan vs Syria

Japan
79.2%
Draw
13.2%
Syria
7.5%
53
Head to Head
Nov 21, 2023 2.45pm
Second Round
Syria
0-5
Japan
Kubo (32'), Ueda (37', 40'), Sugawara (47'), Hosoya (82')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 16
 
5pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Switzerland Switzerland11003
3 Hungary Hungary10010
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania10010
4 Croatia Croatia10010

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands11003
2 Austria Austria00000
3 France France00000
4 Poland Poland10010

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!