MX23RW : Tuesday, April 16 08:13:46| >> :300:86500:86500:
Milan logo
Atalanta logo
Bologna logo
Cagliari logo
Empoli logo
Fiorentina logo
Frosinone logo
Genoa logo
Hellas Verona logo
Inter logo
Juventus logo
Lazio logo
Lecce logo
Monza
Napoli logo
Roma logo
Salernitana
Sassuolo logo
Torino logo
Udinese logo
Sassuolo logo
Serie A | Gameweek 21
Feb 28, 2024 at 5pm UK
MAPEI Stadium - Citta del Tricolore
Napoli logo

Sassuolo
1 - 6
Napoli

Racic (17')
FT(HT: 1-3)
Rrahmani (29'), Osimhen (31', 41', 47'), Kvaratskhelia (51', 75')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Serie A clash between Sassuolo and Napoli, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Sassuolo 2-3 Empoli
Saturday, February 24 at 2pm in Serie A
Last Game: Cagliari 1-1 Napoli
Sunday, February 25 at 2pm in Serie A

We said: Sassuolo 1-2 Napoli

These two out-of-form teams can view Wednesday's fixture as a decent opportunity to claim three valuable points, although Napoli will be regarded as favourites to come out on top considering their impressive head-to-head record, and they should ultimately have enough firepower to edge past a defensively-frail Sassuolo outfit. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Napoli win with a probability of 47.04%. A win for Sassuolo had a probability of 28.07% and a draw had a probability of 24.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a Napoli win was 0-1 with a probability of 10.1%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (9.35%) and 0-2 (8.01%). The likeliest Sassuolo win was 1-0 (7.44%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.79%). The actual scoreline of 1-6 was predicted with a 0.2% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Napoli would win this match.

Result
SassuoloDrawNapoli
28.07% (0.010000000000002 0.01) 24.89% (0.012 0.01) 47.04% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
Both teams to score 54.79% (-0.030999999999999 -0.03)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
51.94% (-0.043999999999997 -0.04)48.05% (0.045000000000002 0.05)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.78% (-0.039999999999999 -0.04)70.22% (0.043000000000006 0.04)
Sassuolo Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.89% (-0.016999999999996 -0.02)31.11% (0.02 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.57% (-0.022000000000006 -0.02)67.43% (0.024000000000001 0.02)
Napoli Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.52% (-0.022999999999996 -0.02)20.47% (0.026 0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
47.05% (-0.042000000000002 -0.04)52.95% (0.042999999999999 0.04)
Score Analysis
    Sassuolo 28.07%
    Napoli 47.04%
    Draw 24.88%
SassuoloDrawNapoli
1-0 @ 7.44% (0.010000000000001 0.01)
2-1 @ 6.89% (0.00099999999999945 0)
2-0 @ 4.34% (0.0039999999999996 0)
3-1 @ 2.68% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-2 @ 2.13% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
3-0 @ 1.69%
Other @ 2.91%
Total : 28.07%
1-1 @ 11.79% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 6.37% (0.012 0.01)
2-2 @ 5.46% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-3 @ 1.12% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
Other @ 0.14%
Total : 24.88%
0-1 @ 10.1% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
1-2 @ 9.35% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
0-2 @ 8.01% (0.0020000000000007 0)
1-3 @ 4.95% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
0-3 @ 4.24% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
2-3 @ 2.89% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
1-4 @ 1.96% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
0-4 @ 1.68% (-0.002 -0)
2-4 @ 1.15% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
Other @ 2.72%
Total : 47.04%

How you voted: Sassuolo vs Napoli

Sassuolo
19.2%
Draw
16.8%
Napoli
64.0%
125
Head to Head
Aug 27, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 2
Napoli
2-0
Sassuolo
Osimhen (16' pen.), Di Lorenzo (64')

Ruan (29')
Lopez (51')
Feb 17, 2023 7.45pm
Oct 29, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 12
Napoli
4-0
Sassuolo
Osimhen (4', 19', 77'), Kvaratskhelia (36')
Apr 30, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 35
Napoli
6-1
Sassuolo
Koulibaly (7'), Osimhen (15'), Lozano (19'), Mertens (21', 54'), Rrahmani (80')
Lopez (87')
Lopez (18'), Frattesi (53'), Berardi (84')
Dec 1, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 15
Sassuolo
2-2
Napoli
Scamacca (71'), Marco Ferrari (89')
Rogerio (25'), Berardi (54'), Henrique (86'), Defrel (90+3')
Fabian (51'), Mertens (59')
Politano (84'), Demme (88')
Spalletti (90+1')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter Milan32265177176083
2AC Milan32216563372669
3Juventus32189545242163
4Bologna321611545252059
5Roma31167856352155
6Atalanta BCAtalanta311561057362151
7Napoli321310950401049
8Lazio32154134135649
9Torino32111293129245
10Fiorentina31128114336744
11Monza321110113441-743
12Genoa32912113539-439
13Lecce32711142748-2132
14CagliariCagliari32710153454-2031
15Hellas VeronaHellas Verona32610163044-1428
16Udinese31416113047-1728
17Empoli3277182548-2328
18FrosinoneFrosinone3269174063-2327
19SassuoloSassuolo3268183962-2326
20Salernitana3229212668-4215


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!