MX23RW : Monday, August 15 10:52:38| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
Jul 1, 2022 at 1am UK at Red Bull Arena
NY Red Bulls
2 - 1
Atlanta
Morgan (83' pen.), Ngoma (89')
Casseres Jr (28'), Long (42'), Edwards (51')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Martinez (75')
Sejdic (22'), Ibarra (45+3'), Rios Novo (82')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Friday's Major League Soccer clash between New York Red Bulls and Atlanta United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Toronto 2-1 Atlanta
Sunday, June 26 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer

We said: New York Red Bulls 2-0 Atlanta United

In four previous visits to Red Bull Arena in MLS play, the Five Stripes have never found the back of the net, and even though they should have the ball for long stretches of this encounter, we do not see them finding a way through a backline, who have looked a lot stingier at home in recent games. Combine that with the fact that the Red Bulls have scored three goals or more in four of their last five home contests, and you see why it might be difficult for Atlanta to contain a revitalized New York team in their own backyard. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a New York Red Bulls win with a probability of 48.85%. A draw had a probability of 26.1% and a win for Atlanta United had a probability of 25.04%.

The most likely scoreline for a New York Red Bulls win was 1-0 with a probability of 12.52%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.33%) and 2-1 (9.2%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.35%), while for an Atlanta United win it was 0-1 (8.29%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 9.2% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that New York Red Bulls would win this match.

Result
New York Red BullsDrawAtlanta United
48.85% (-0.756 -0.76) 26.11% (0.387 0.39) 25.04% (0.368 0.37)
Both teams to score 48.57% (-0.787 -0.79)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
45.01% (-1.197 -1.2)54.99% (1.196 1.2)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
23.73% (-0.998 -1)76.26% (0.997 1)
New York Red Bulls Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.45% (-0.833 -0.83)22.54% (0.833 0.83)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43.87% (-1.255 -1.26)56.13% (1.255 1.26)
Atlanta United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
62.71% (-0.336 -0.34)37.29% (0.337 0.34)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
25.93% (-0.332 -0.33)74.07% (0.33200000000001 0.33)
Score Analysis
    New York Red Bulls 48.85%
    Atlanta United 25.04%
    Draw 26.11%
New York Red BullsDrawAtlanta United
1-0 @ 12.52% (0.27 0.27)
2-0 @ 9.33% (-0.029999999999999 -0.03)
2-1 @ 9.2% (-0.114 -0.11)
3-0 @ 4.63% (-0.132 -0.13)
3-1 @ 4.57% (-0.174 -0.17)
3-2 @ 2.25% (-0.107 -0.11)
4-0 @ 1.73% (-0.094 -0.09)
4-1 @ 1.7% (-0.109 -0.11)
Other @ 2.92%
Total : 48.85%
1-1 @ 12.35% (0.16 0.16)
0-0 @ 8.41% (0.383 0.38)
2-2 @ 4.54% (-0.099 -0.1)
Other @ 0.81%
Total : 26.11%
0-1 @ 8.29% (0.305 0.31)
1-2 @ 6.09% (0.021 0.02)
0-2 @ 4.09% (0.115 0.12)
1-3 @ 2% (-0.011 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.49% (-0.046 -0.05)
0-3 @ 1.35% (0.026 0.03)
Other @ 1.72%
Total : 25.04%

How you voted: NY Red Bulls vs Atlanta

New York Red Bulls
79.3%
Draw
13.8%
Atlanta United
6.9%
29
Head to Head
Nov 3, 2021 11.30pm
NY Red Bulls
0-0
Atlanta

Klimala (52'), Nealis (90+1')

Araujo (11'), Walkes (90+1')
Jun 27, 2021 8.30pm
Atlanta
0-0
NY Red Bulls

Sosa (65'), Franco (90+5')

Edwards (22'), Davis (69'), Tolkin (85'), Tarek (86')
Oct 10, 2020 11pm
Aug 30, 2020 11.30pm
Jul 12, 2020 1.45am
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Tables

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia25139345192648
2CF MontrealMontreal2513484341243
3New York City FCNY City24126645271842
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2510783831737
5Columbus Crew2481063227534
6New England RevolutionNew England248973634233
7FC CincinnatiCincinnati258984245-333
8Orlando City2596102836-833
9Inter MiamiInter Miami2596103241-933
10Chicago Fire2586112834-630
11Atlanta UnitedAtlanta247893336-329
12Toronto2585123743-629
13Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2592143039-929
14DC United2464142848-2022

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia25139345192648
2CF MontrealMontreal2513484341243
3New York City FCNY City24126645271842
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2510783831737
5Columbus Crew2481063227534
6New England RevolutionNew England248973634233
7FC CincinnatiCincinnati258984245-333
8Orlando City2596102836-833
9Inter MiamiInter Miami2596103241-933
10Chicago Fire2586112834-630
11Atlanta UnitedAtlanta247893336-329
12Toronto2585123743-629
13Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2592143039-929
14DC United2464142848-2022

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!