MX23RW : Tuesday, May 28 19:13:43| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Rennes
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 22
Feb 18, 2024 at 2pm UK
Roazhon Park
Clermont Foot

Rennes
3 - 1
Clermont

Omari (31'), Terrier (58', 64')
Seidu (66')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Matsima (62')
Caufriez (77')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Ligue 1 clash between Rennes and Clermont, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: AC Milan 3-0 Rennes
Thursday, February 15 at 8pm in Europa League
Last Game: Clermont 1-1 Brest
Sunday, February 11 at 2pm in Ligue 1

We said: Rennes 2-0 Clermont

Rennes endured a difficult evening in Milan on Thursday, but they should be very confident of returning to winning ways against the division's basement dwellers. Clermont conceded four without laying a glove on Lille during their last Ligue 1 outing, and we are expecting a similar story for Les Lanciers at Roazhon Park on Sunday afternoon. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Rennes win with a probability of 59.87%. A draw had a probability of 22% and a win for Clermont had a probability of 18.14%.

The most likely scoreline for a Rennes win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.13%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (10.56%) and 2-1 (9.91%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.44%), while for a Clermont win it was 0-1 (5.5%). The actual scoreline of 3-1 was predicted with a 6.3% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Rennes would win this match.

Result
RennesDrawClermont
59.87% (0.92599999999999 0.93) 21.99% (-0.423 -0.42) 18.14% (-0.503 -0.5)
Both teams to score 51.73% (0.42299999999999 0.42)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
53.9% (1.031 1.03)46.1% (-1.031 -1.03)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31.6% (0.967 0.97)68.4% (-0.968 -0.97)
Rennes Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.01% (0.65300000000001 0.65)14.99% (-0.653 -0.65)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
56.57% (1.226 1.23)43.43% (-1.226 -1.23)
Clermont Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
60.85% (0.030999999999999 0.03)39.15% (-0.033000000000001 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
24.13% (0.029 0.03)75.86% (-0.028000000000006 -0.03)
Score Analysis
    Rennes 59.86%
    Clermont 18.14%
    Draw 21.98%
RennesDrawClermont
1-0 @ 11.13% (-0.23 -0.23)
2-0 @ 10.56% (0.020000000000001 0.02)
2-1 @ 9.91% (0.029 0.03)
3-0 @ 6.69% (0.163 0.16)
3-1 @ 6.27% (0.158 0.16)
4-0 @ 3.17% (0.147 0.15)
4-1 @ 2.98% (0.14 0.14)
3-2 @ 2.94% (0.077 0.08)
4-2 @ 1.4% (0.067 0.07)
5-0 @ 1.2% (0.081 0.08)
5-1 @ 1.13% (0.078 0.08)
Other @ 2.48%
Total : 59.86%
1-1 @ 10.44% (-0.21 -0.21)
0-0 @ 5.87% (-0.26 -0.26)
2-2 @ 4.65% (0.017 0.02)
3-3 @ 0.92% (0.025 0.03)
Other @ 0.11%
Total : 21.98%
0-1 @ 5.5% (-0.239 -0.24)
1-2 @ 4.9% (-0.093999999999999 -0.09)
0-2 @ 2.58% (-0.11 -0.11)
1-3 @ 1.53% (-0.028 -0.03)
2-3 @ 1.45% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
Other @ 2.18%
Total : 18.14%

How you voted: Rennes vs Clermont

Rennes
95.8%
Draw
4.2%
Clermont
0.0%
48
Head to Head
Dec 20, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 17
Clermont
1-3
Rennes
Nicholson (4')
Caufriez (45+1')
Kalimuendo (52'), Doue (88'), Blas (90+7' pen.)
Gallon (33'), Kalimuendo (73'), Doue (89')
Feb 19, 2023 2pm
Gameweek 24
Rennes
2-0
Clermont
Kalimuendo (37', 64')
Jan 11, 2023 6pm
Gameweek 18
Clermont
2-1
Rennes
Kyei (31'), Gastien (90+5')
Jan 23, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 22
Clermont
2-1
Rennes
Da Cunha (60'), Tell (71')
Abdul Samed (44'), Hountondji (90+1')
Santamaria (19')
Truffert (65'), Martin (75'), Ugochukwu (86')
Sep 22, 2021 6pm
Gameweek 7
Rennes
6-0
Clermont
Martin (32'), Terrier (36'), Deen Sulemana (55', 57'), Laborde (64'), Tait (77')
Genesio (31'), Deen Sulemana (66')

N'Simba (68')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CParis Saint-GermainPSG342210281334876
2MonacoMonaco34207768422667
3Brest341710753341961
4Lille341611752341859
5Nice341510940291155
6Lyon34165134955-653
7Lens34149114537851
8Marseille3413111052411150
9Reims34138134247-547
10Rennes341210125346746
11Toulouse341110134246-443
12Montpellier HSCMontpellier341012124348-541
13StrasbourgStrasbourg34109153850-1239
14NantesNantes3496193055-2533
15Le HavreLe Havre34711163445-1132
16Metz3485213558-2329
17Lorient3478194366-2329
RClermont34510192660-3425


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!