MX23RW : Tuesday, April 16 06:34:14| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lorient logo
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Metz logo
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 23
Feb 23, 2024 at 8pm UK
Stade Saint-Symphorien
Lyon

Metz
1 - 2
Lyon

Mikautadze (13')
Camara (81')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Lacazette (45+1'), Benrahma (60')
Mata (73'), O'Brien (87')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's Ligue 1 clash between Metz and Lyon, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Montpellier 3-0 Metz
Sunday, February 18 at 2pm in Ligue 1
Last Game: Lyon 1-0 Nice
Friday, February 16 at 8pm in Ligue 1

We said: Metz 0-2 Lyon

Lyon may have lost their dominant streak against a side who used to prove no match for them, but with the form book on their side as well as the return of O'Brien - a towering figure in both boxes - another fun Friday is in store for the Gones faithful. Confidence-depleted and often leaving a lot to be desired at home, Metz should be no match for their reawakaned visitors, who ought to rise into the top 10 of the rankings while speeding up their hosts' return to the second tier. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Lyon win with a probability of 46.59%. A draw had a probability of 27.2% and a win for Metz had a probability of 26.22%.

The most likely scoreline for a Lyon win was 0-1 with a probability of 13.14%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-2 (9.13%) and 1-2 (8.84%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.73%), while for a Metz win it was 1-0 (9.17%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with an 8.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Lyon would win this match.

Result
MetzDrawLyon
26.22% (0.012999999999998 0.01) 27.18% (-0.0039999999999978 -0) 46.59% (-0.009999999999998 -0.01)
Both teams to score 46.57% (0.021999999999998 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
41.91% (0.022999999999996 0.02)58.09% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
21.24% (0.018999999999998 0.02)78.76% (-0.021000000000001 -0.02)
Metz Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
62.04% (0.024000000000001 0.02)37.96% (-0.025999999999996 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
25.27% (0.023 0.02)74.73% (-0.025000000000006 -0.03)
Lyon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.06% (0.0050000000000097 0.01)24.94% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.42% (0.0079999999999956 0.01)59.57% (-0.010999999999996 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Metz 26.22%
    Lyon 46.59%
    Draw 27.18%
MetzDrawLyon
1-0 @ 9.17% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
2-1 @ 6.17% (0.0040000000000004 0)
2-0 @ 4.44% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-1 @ 1.99% (0.0029999999999999 0)
3-0 @ 1.43% (0.00099999999999989 0)
3-2 @ 1.38% (0.002 0)
Other @ 1.63%
Total : 26.22%
1-1 @ 12.73%
0-0 @ 9.47% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
2-2 @ 4.28% (0.0040000000000004 0)
Other @ 0.7%
Total : 27.18%
0-1 @ 13.14% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-2 @ 9.13% (-0.004999999999999 -0)
1-2 @ 8.84% (0.0010000000000012 0)
0-3 @ 4.23% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
1-3 @ 4.09% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-3 @ 1.98% (0.002 0)
0-4 @ 1.47%
1-4 @ 1.42% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 2.29%
Total : 46.59%

How you voted: Metz vs Lyon

Metz
16.1%
Draw
8.0%
Lyon
75.9%
87
Head to Head
Nov 5, 2023 12pm
Gameweek 11
Lyon
1-1
Metz
Alvero (84')
Diomande (19')
May 8, 2022 12pm
Gameweek 36
Metz
3-2
Lyon
Pajot (27'), Lamkel Ze (40'), Boulaya (90')
Niakate (70'), Traore (74'), de Preville (88')
Dembele (43', 84')
Ndombele (86'), Dubois (90+2')
Mendes (68')
Dec 22, 2021 8pm
Gameweek 19
Lyon
1-1
Metz
Lukeba (56')
Caqueret (30'), Da Silva (39')
Traore (59')
Jemerson (34'), Maiga (68'), Salif Mbengue (84')
Jan 17, 2021 8pm
Gameweek 20
Lyon
0-1
Metz

Dubois (27')
Leya Iseka (90')
Boye (27'), Centonze (27'), Kouyate (86'), Leya Iseka (90')
Dec 6, 2020 8pm
Gameweek 13
Metz
1-3
Lyon
Boulaya (76')
Sarr (29'), Antonetti (55')
Boye (87')
Depay (17'), Toko Ekambi (47', 60')
Cherki (90+3')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Paris Saint-GermainPSG28189165244163
2Brest29158644271753
3MonacoMonaco28157653381552
4Lille281310542251749
5Nice2812882822644
6Lens29127103832643
7Lyon29125123845-741
8Reims29117113639-340
9Marseille2810994133839
10Rennes29109104136539
11Toulouse2999113437-336
12StrasbourgStrasbourg2999113340-736
13Montpellier HSCMontpellier29810113641-533
14NantesNantes2994162845-1731
15Le HavreLe Havre29610132737-1028
16Lorient2868143552-1726
17Metz2975173049-1926
18Clermont29410152148-2722


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!