MX23RW : Sunday, April 21 04:59:37| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lorient logo
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Lens logo
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 23
Feb 25, 2024 at 12pm UK
Stade Bollaert-Delelis
Monaco

Lens
2 - 3
Monaco

Wahi (31'), Said (77')
Haise (26'), Medina (45+3'), Thomasson (53'), Mendy (64'), Samba (82'), Wahi (90+5')
FT(HT: 1-2)
Balogun (19'), Samba (30' og.), Minamino (90+2')
Ouattara (25'), Majecki (90+6'), Diop (90+5'), Majecki (90+6')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Ligue 1 clash between Lens and Monaco, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Freiburg 3-2 Lens
Thursday, February 22 at 5.45pm in Europa League
Last Game: Monaco 1-2 Toulouse
Sunday, February 18 at 2pm in Ligue 1

We said: Lens 1-1 Monaco

Given the high stakes at the top end of the Ligue 1 table, we certainly anticipate a tight encounter on Sunday with little to split the two sides. It is the hosts who are in better form in France's top flight, but with more fatigue from their extra midweek game and the visitors being boosted by two key men returning, we see a share of the points as the most likely outcome. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Lens win with a probability of 44.81%. A win for Monaco had a probability of 31% and a draw had a probability of 24.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Lens win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.18%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.52%) and 2-0 (6.96%). The likeliest Monaco win was 1-2 (7.42%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.24%). The actual scoreline of 2-3 was predicted with a 2.7% likelihood.

Result
LensDrawMonaco
44.81% (0.129 0.13) 24.19% (0.139 0.14) 31% (-0.265 -0.27)
Both teams to score 58.98% (-0.616 -0.62)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.63% (-0.755 -0.75)43.37% (0.758 0.76)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.23% (-0.745 -0.74)65.77% (0.74900000000001 0.75)
Lens Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.47% (-0.248 -0.25)19.53% (0.251 0.25)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.57% (-0.41099999999999 -0.41)51.43% (0.413 0.41)
Monaco Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.29% (-0.53700000000001 -0.54)26.71% (0.54 0.54)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.03% (-0.715 -0.72)61.97% (0.718 0.72)
Score Analysis
    Lens 44.81%
    Monaco 31%
    Draw 24.19%
LensDrawMonaco
2-1 @ 9.18% (0.02 0.02)
1-0 @ 8.52% (0.215 0.22)
2-0 @ 6.96% (0.121 0.12)
3-1 @ 5% (-0.029 -0.03)
3-0 @ 3.79% (0.036 0.04)
3-2 @ 3.3% (-0.071 -0.07)
4-1 @ 2.04% (-0.029 -0.03)
4-0 @ 1.55% (0.002 0)
4-2 @ 1.35% (-0.039 -0.04)
Other @ 3.13%
Total : 44.81%
1-1 @ 11.24% (0.11 0.11)
2-2 @ 6.06% (-0.08 -0.08)
0-0 @ 5.22% (0.172 0.17)
3-3 @ 1.45% (-0.054 -0.05)
Other @ 0.21%
Total : 24.19%
1-2 @ 7.42% (-0.039 -0.04)
0-1 @ 6.89% (0.123 0.12)
0-2 @ 4.55% (0.013 0.01)
1-3 @ 3.27% (-0.068 -0.07)
2-3 @ 2.67% (-0.077 -0.08)
0-3 @ 2% (-0.026 -0.03)
1-4 @ 1.08% (-0.04 -0.04)
Other @ 3.13%
Total : 31%

How you voted: Lens vs Monaco

Lens
46.0%
Draw
27.6%
Monaco
26.4%
87
Head to Head
Jan 7, 2024 1.30pm
Round of 64
Lens
2-2
Monaco
Monaco win 6-5 on penalties
Maouassa (43'), Sotoca (62')
Maouassa (45+2'), Samba (45+2'), Frankowski (88')
Haise (24')
Ben Yedder (1'), Akliouche (21')
Akliouche (53'), Majecki (79')
Sep 2, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 4
Monaco
3-0
Lens
Singo (24'), Golovin (36'), Maripan (59')
Magassa (33'), Camara (47'), Vanderson (52'), Balogun (78')

Spierings (23'), Medina (64')
Apr 22, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 32
Lens
3-0
Monaco
Openda (9', 16'), Thomasson (56')
Aug 20, 2022 4pm
Gameweek 3
Monaco
1-4
Lens
Badiashile (41')
Embolo (40'), Vanderson (58'), Ben Yedder (68'), Clement (72')
Vanderson (72')
Openda (7'), Machado (38'), Fofana (55' pen.), Said (78')
May 21, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 38
Lens
2-2
Monaco
Frankowski (30'), Ganago (90+5')
Danso (32'), Gradit (84')
Badiashile (34'), Ben Yedder (62')
Volland (84'), Tchouameni (86'), Henrique (88')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Paris Saint-GermainPSG28189165244163
2Brest29158644271753
3MonacoMonaco28157653381552
4Lille281310542251749
5Nice2913883122947
6Lens30137103932746
7Rennes30119104436842
8Lyon29125123845-741
9Reims29117113639-340
10Marseille2810994133839
11Toulouse2999113437-336
12StrasbourgStrasbourg2999113340-736
13Montpellier HSCMontpellier29810113641-533
14NantesNantes3094172848-2031
15Le HavreLe Havre29610132737-1028
16Metz2975173049-1926
17Lorient2968153555-2026
18Clermont30410162149-2822


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!