MX23RW : Monday, May 27 04:13:53| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Cheltenham Town
League One | Gameweek 40
Apr 23, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Jonny-Rocks Stadium
Peterborough United

Cheltenham
2 - 0
Peterborough

Nuttall (11'), Taylor (21')
Taylor (74')
FT(HT: 2-0)

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's League One clash between Cheltenham Town and Peterborough United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Cheltenham 1-2 Lincoln
Saturday, April 20 at 3pm in League One

We said: Cheltenham Town 1-2 Peterborough United

Although Ferguson could make alterations to his side, we still think that Peterborough will have enough quality required to claim a narrow win and end Cheltenham's three-year stay in the third tier. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Peterborough United win with a probability of 62.15%. A draw had a probability of 20.8% and a win for Cheltenham Town had a probability of 17.05%.

The most likely scoreline for a Peterborough United win was 0-2 with a probability of 10.4%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (10.27%) and 1-2 (9.95%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.82%), while for a Cheltenham Town win it was 1-0 (4.85%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 2.3% likelihood.

Result
Cheltenham TownDrawPeterborough United
17.05% (-1.338 -1.34) 20.81% (-0.864 -0.86) 62.15% (2.206 2.21)
Both teams to score 53.44% (0.234 0.23)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.27% (1.623 1.62)42.73% (-1.62 -1.62)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.87% (1.595 1.6)65.13% (-1.59 -1.59)
Cheltenham Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.57% (-0.58300000000001 -0.58)38.43% (0.586 0.59)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
24.82% (-0.564 -0.56)75.18% (0.566 0.57)
Peterborough United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
86.8% (1.194 1.19)13.2% (-1.188 -1.19)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
60.08% (2.363 2.36)39.92% (-2.357 -2.36)
Score Analysis
    Cheltenham Town 17.05%
    Peterborough United 62.15%
    Draw 20.81%
Cheltenham TownDrawPeterborough United
1-0 @ 4.85% (-0.441 -0.44)
2-1 @ 4.7% (-0.287 -0.29)
2-0 @ 2.32% (-0.251 -0.25)
3-2 @ 1.52% (-0.049 -0.05)
3-1 @ 1.5% (-0.117 -0.12)
Other @ 2.17%
Total : 17.05%
1-1 @ 9.82% (-0.428 -0.43)
0-0 @ 5.07% (-0.373 -0.37)
2-2 @ 4.76% (-0.075 -0.08)
3-3 @ 1.02% (0.012 0.01)
Other @ 0.14%
Total : 20.81%
0-2 @ 10.4% (0.17 0.17)
0-1 @ 10.27% (-0.28 -0.28)
1-2 @ 9.95% (0.0019999999999989 0)
0-3 @ 7.02% (0.407 0.41)
1-3 @ 6.72% (0.288 0.29)
0-4 @ 3.56% (0.349 0.35)
1-4 @ 3.4% (0.285 0.29)
2-3 @ 3.21% (0.089 0.09)
2-4 @ 1.63% (0.113 0.11)
0-5 @ 1.44% (0.197 0.2)
1-5 @ 1.38% (0.169 0.17)
Other @ 3.19%
Total : 62.15%

How you voted: Cheltenham vs Peterborough

Cheltenham Town
30.6%
Draw
6.1%
Peterborough United
63.3%
49
Head to Head
Sep 19, 2023 7.45pm
Mar 11, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 36
Peterborough
0-3
Cheltenham
Bradbury (15'), May (21', 74')
Jul 30, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 1
Cheltenham
2-3
Peterborough
Kent (30' og.), May (39')
Jackson (48'), Freestone (89')
Marriott (59'), Clarke-Harris (66', 72')
Fuchs (45+1'), Kent (61')
Sep 5, 2020 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth462813578413797
3Bolton WanderersBolton462512986513587
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough462591289612884
5Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4622111379562377
6Barnsley4621131282641876
7Lincoln CityLincoln4620141265402574
8Blackpool4621101565481773
9Stevenage4619141357461171
10Wycombe WanderersWycombe461714156055565
11Leyton Orient461811175355-265
12Wigan AthleticWigan462010166356762
13Exeter CityExeter461710194661-1561
14Northampton TownNorthampton46179205766-960
15Bristol Rovers46169215268-1657
16Charlton AthleticCharlton461120156465-153
17Reading461611196870-253
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge461212223961-2248
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury46139243567-3248
20Burton Albion461210243967-2846
RCheltenham TownCheltenham46128264165-2444
RFleetwood TownFleetwood461013234972-2343
RPort Vale461011254174-3341
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4679304181-4030


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!