MX23RW : Friday, May 24 02:29:46| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Burton Albion
League One | Gameweek 18
Apr 16, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Pirelli Stadium
Cheltenham Town

Burton Albion
1 - 2
Cheltenham

Seddon (45+4')
Moon (34'), Nsiala (50'), Crocombe (86')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Taylor (51'), Davies (71')
Ferry (84')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's League One clash between Burton Albion and Cheltenham Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Stevenage 1-2 Burton Albion
Saturday, April 13 at 3pm in League One
Last Game: Cheltenham 1-3 Bristol Rovers
Saturday, April 13 at 3pm in League One

We said: Burton Albion 2-1 Cheltenham Town

Burton may have lost out to Lincoln at the weekend, but they have won three of their previous five home matches, and we think they will draw upon that success to claim a narrow victory over a Cheltenham side that has lost their last three away games. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Cheltenham Town win with a probability of 39.52%. A win for Burton Albion had a probability of 32.97% and a draw had a probability of 27.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Cheltenham Town win was 0-1 with a probability of 11.42%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.28%) and 0-2 (7.27%). The likeliest Burton Albion win was 1-0 (10.2%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.99%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with an 8.3% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Cheltenham Town would win this match.

Result
Burton AlbionDrawCheltenham Town
32.97% (0.015000000000001 0.02) 27.51% (-0.0030000000000001 -0) 39.52% (-0.011000000000003 -0.01)
Both teams to score 48.93% (0.017000000000003 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
43.32% (0.019000000000005 0.02)56.68% (-0.018999999999998 -0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
22.36% (0.016000000000002 0.02)77.64% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)
Burton Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.95% (0.019999999999996 0.02)32.05% (-0.018999999999998 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.48% (0.023 0.02)68.52% (-0.022000000000006 -0.02)
Cheltenham Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.01% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)27.99% (-0.0040000000000013 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.37% (0.0050000000000026 0.01)63.63% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Burton Albion 32.96%
    Cheltenham Town 39.52%
    Draw 27.5%
Burton AlbionDrawCheltenham Town
1-0 @ 10.2% (-0.010000000000002 -0.01)
2-1 @ 7.39% (0.0030000000000001 0)
2-0 @ 5.81% (0.0020000000000007 0)
3-1 @ 2.8% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-0 @ 2.2% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-2 @ 1.79% (0.002 0)
Other @ 2.77%
Total : 32.96%
1-1 @ 12.99%
0-0 @ 8.97% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
2-2 @ 4.71% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 0.83%
Total : 27.5%
0-1 @ 11.42% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
1-2 @ 8.28%
0-2 @ 7.27% (-0.0040000000000004 -0)
1-3 @ 3.51%
0-3 @ 3.09% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
2-3 @ 2% (0.00099999999999989 0)
1-4 @ 1.12%
0-4 @ 0.98%
Other @ 1.85%
Total : 39.52%

How you voted: Burton Albion vs Cheltenham

Burton Albion
65.2%
Draw
27.3%
Cheltenham Town
7.6%
66
Head to Head
Mar 2, 2024 3pm
Gameweek 36
Cheltenham
0-0
Burton Albion
Ferry (88')
Sweeney (35'), Powell (44'), Oshilaja (50'), Crocombe (71')
Apr 1, 2023 3pm
Oct 22, 2022 3pm
Jan 8, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 27
Cheltenham
1-1
Burton Albion
Wright (21')
Blair (16')
Jebbison (51')
Oshilaja (64'), Hamer (78')
Aug 27, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 5
Burton Albion
1-1
Cheltenham
Akins (67')
Hamer (82'), Brayford (90+2')
Wright (28')
Lloyd (64')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth462813578413797
3Bolton WanderersBolton462512986513587
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough462591289612884
5Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4622111379562377
6Barnsley4621131282641876
7Lincoln CityLincoln4620141265402574
8Blackpool4621101565481773
9Stevenage4619141357461171
10Wycombe WanderersWycombe461714156055565
11Leyton Orient461811175355-265
12Wigan AthleticWigan462010166356762
13Exeter CityExeter461710194661-1561
14Northampton TownNorthampton46179205766-960
15Bristol Rovers46169215268-1657
16Charlton AthleticCharlton461120156465-153
17Reading461611196870-253
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge461212223961-2248
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury46139243567-3248
20Burton Albion461210243967-2846
RCheltenham TownCheltenham46128264165-2444
RFleetwood TownFleetwood461013234972-2343
RPort Vale461011254174-3341
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4679304181-4030


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!