MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 12:29:45| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Burton Albion
League One | Gameweek 21
Dec 9, 2023 at 3pm UK
Pirelli Stadium
Stevenage
Burton Albion
1 - 2
Stevenage
Oshilaja (7')
Stockton (66'), Oshilaja (77'), Hughes (90+3')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Hemmings (45+1'), Reid (51' pen.)
Evans (0'), Neal (61'), Forster-Caskey (63')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Burton Albion and Stevenage, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Stevenage 1-1 Port Vale
Saturday, December 2 at 3pm in FA Cup

We said: Burton Albion 0-2 Stevenage

While Burton Albion will hope to build on their midweek cup win with home advantage, we can only see the two sides' league runs continuing on Saturday and tip Steve Evans's side to further strengthen their position in the leading pack with a victory at the Pirelli Stadium. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Stevenage win with a probability of 45.27%. A win for Burton Albion had a probability of 28.54% and a draw had a probability of 26.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Stevenage win was 0-1 with a probability of 11.34%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (9.04%) and 0-2 (8.24%). The likeliest Burton Albion win was 1-0 (8.57%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.44%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Stevenage would win this match.

Result
Burton AlbionDrawStevenage
28.54% (0.0019999999999989 0) 26.19% (0.0030000000000001 0) 45.27%
Both teams to score 51.03% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
46.89% (0.0030000000000001 0)53.11%
Over 3.5Under 3.5
25.31% (0.0030000000000001 0)74.69% (0.0010000000000048 0)
Burton Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
66.61% (0.0040000000000049 0)33.39%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
29.99% (0.004999999999999 0)70.01%
Stevenage Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.61% (0.0030000000000001 0)23.39% (0.0010000000000012 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.63% (0.0030000000000001 0)57.37% (0.0010000000000048 0)
Score Analysis
    Burton Albion 28.54%
    Stevenage 45.27%
    Draw 26.18%
Burton AlbionDrawStevenage
1-0 @ 8.57%
2-1 @ 6.83%
2-0 @ 4.7% (0.00099999999999945 0)
3-1 @ 2.5%
3-2 @ 1.81%
3-0 @ 1.72%
Other @ 2.42%
Total : 28.54%
1-1 @ 12.44%
0-0 @ 7.81%
2-2 @ 4.96% (0.0010000000000003 0)
Other @ 0.97%
Total : 26.18%
0-1 @ 11.34%
1-2 @ 9.04%
0-2 @ 8.24%
1-3 @ 4.38%
0-3 @ 3.99%
2-3 @ 2.4%
1-4 @ 1.59%
0-4 @ 1.45%
Other @ 2.83%
Total : 45.27%

How you voted: Burton Albion vs Stevenage

Burton Albion
16.7%
Draw
33.3%
Stevenage
50.0%
6
Head to Head
Mar 30, 2015 7.45pm
Oct 25, 2014 3pm
Mar 22, 2011 3pm
Oct 16, 2010 3pm
Stevenage
2-1
Burton Albion
Laird (34' pen.), Holroyd (58')
Roberts (24'), Holroyd (30'), Laird (74'), Bostwick (80')
Foster (70')
Webster (48')
Walker (27'), Stanton (30'), Bolder (30'), Harrad (33')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth352110458302873
2Derby CountyDerby34206859312866
3Bolton WanderersBolton33206760372366
4Barnsley33189660372363
5Peterborough UnitedPeterborough33178861412059
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd351691057441357
7Stevenage33168947341356
8Blackpool341581154401453
9Leyton Orient34149114242051
10Lincoln CityLincoln341212103732548
11Northampton TownNorthampton34146144750-348
12Bristol Rovers34137144749-246
13Wigan AthleticWigan34147134843541
14Exeter CityExeter35117172648-2240
15Wycombe WanderersWycombe33911134144-338
16Reading35119154652-638
17Cambridge UnitedCambridge33108153141-1038
18Burton Albion33108152943-1438
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury34115182646-2038
20Charlton AthleticCharlton34713144752-534
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham3296172843-1533
22Port Vale3287173252-2031
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood3469193456-2227
24Carlisle UnitedCarlisle3348212757-3020

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!