MX23RW : Monday, February 26 15:30:34| >> :60:1690:1690:
Crewe Alexandra
FA Cup | Second Round
Dec 12, 2023 at 7.45pm UK
Alexandra Stadium
Bristol Rovers
Crewe
2 - 4
Bristol Rovers
Nevitt (65'), Rowe (73')
Offord (40'), Baker-Richardson (55')
FT(HT: 0-3)
Marquis (18'), Wilson (25'), Evans (42'), Cooney (49' og.)
Marquis (41'), Taylor (65'), Taylor (65')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's FA Cup clash between Crewe Alexandra and Bristol Rovers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Grimsby Town 2-1 Crewe
Saturday, December 9 at 3pm in League Two

We said: Crewe Alexandra 1-1 Bristol Rovers

Crewe are in excellent form and have proven difficult to beat over the past two months, even against sides in the division above. With Mangan potentially coming to the end of his spell in caretaker charge of Bristol Rovers, seeing them into the third round would be a huge achievement after a more-than-respectable set of results in charge, but this looks like it could go to a replay. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Bristol Rovers win with a probability of 49.5%. A win for Crewe Alexandra had a probability of 27.1% and a draw had a probability of 23.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bristol Rovers win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.55%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (8.69%) and 0-2 (7.66%). The likeliest Crewe Alexandra win was 2-1 (6.76%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.83%). The actual scoreline of 2-4 was predicted with a 1.5% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Bristol Rovers would win this match.

Result
Crewe AlexandraDrawBristol Rovers
27.1% (0.012 0.01) 23.39% (0.004999999999999 0) 49.5% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
Both teams to score 59.05% (-0.010000000000005 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.91% (-0.016999999999996 -0.02)42.08% (0.016000000000005 0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
35.51% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)64.49% (0.018000000000001 0.02)
Crewe Alexandra Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.28% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)28.72% (0.0019999999999989 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.45% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)64.55%
Bristol Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.84% (-0.013000000000005 -0.01)17.15% (0.013000000000002 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.6% (-0.023000000000003 -0.02)47.39% (0.021999999999998 0.02)
Score Analysis
    Crewe Alexandra 27.1%
    Bristol Rovers 49.5%
    Draw 23.39%
Crewe AlexandraDrawBristol Rovers
2-1 @ 6.76% (0.0020000000000007 0)
1-0 @ 6.15% (0.0039999999999996 0)
2-0 @ 3.83% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-1 @ 2.81% (0.00099999999999989 0)
3-2 @ 2.48%
3-0 @ 1.6% (0.002 0)
Other @ 3.48%
Total : 27.1%
1-1 @ 10.83%
2-2 @ 5.96% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
0-0 @ 4.93% (0.0040000000000004 0)
3-3 @ 1.46% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 0.22%
Total : 23.39%
1-2 @ 9.55% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
0-1 @ 8.69% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-2 @ 7.66% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
1-3 @ 5.61% (-0.0029999999999992 -0)
0-3 @ 4.5% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
2-3 @ 3.5% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
1-4 @ 2.47% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
0-4 @ 1.98% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
2-4 @ 1.54% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 3.99%
Total : 49.5%

How you voted: Crewe vs Bristol Rovers

Crewe Alexandra
39.3%
Draw
28.6%
Bristol Rovers
32.1%
28
Head to Head
May 1, 2021 3pm
Jan 19, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 23
Crewe
3-2
Bristol Rovers
Kirk (4'), Wintle (23'), Lancashire (55')
Finney (31'), Offord (45'), Johnson (86')
Ehmer (47'), McCormick (51')
McCormick (45+4'), Harries (58')
Apr 9, 2012 3pm
Crewe
3-0
Bristol Rovers
Davis (49' pen.), Mellor (6')

Lund (18'), Bolger (76')
Dec 31, 2011 3pm
Bristol Rovers
2-5
Crewe
Harrold (9'), McGleish (48')
Carayol (23'), Stanley (50'), Sawyer (90')
Bolger (27' og.), Artell (44'), Powell (33', 90')
R Westwood (75'), Tootle (88')
Mar 17, 2009 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City26185359263359
3Arsenal26184462233958
4Aston Villa26164656352152
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd26142103636044
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2610974941839
8Wolverhampton WanderersWolves26115104040038
9Newcastle UnitedNewcastle26114115445937
10West Ham UnitedWest Ham2510693644-836
11Chelsea25105104241135
12Fulham2695123642-632
13Crystal Palace2677123144-1328
14Bournemouth2577113347-1428
15Everton2687112834-625
16Brentford2574143544-925
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2666143448-1424
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2634192558-3313
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2634192266-4413

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!