MX23RW : Saturday, July 13 11:26:07| >> :60:357:357:
Portugal national football team
European Championship | Quarter-Finals
Jul 5, 2024 at 8pm UK
Volksparkstadion
France national football team

Portugal
0 - 0
France


Palhinha (79')
FT
(aet)

Saliba (84')
France win 5-3 on penalties

The Match

Analysis

Sports Mole's match analysis of France's penalty shootout victory over Portugal in the Euro 2024 quarter-finals.

Match Report

Sports Mole's match report of Portugal's penalty shootout loss to France in the Euro 2024 quarter-finals, as Cristiano Ronaldo bows out for perhaps the final time.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's European Championship clash between Portugal and France, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Portugal could line up for Friday's Euro 2024 quarter-final against France.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: Portugal 0-0 Slovenia (3-0 pen.)
Monday, July 1 at 8pm in European Championship
All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: France 1-0 Belgium
Monday, July 1 at 5pm in European Championship

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Portugal win with a probability of 41.42%. A win for France had a probability of 32.79% and a draw had a probability of 25.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Portugal win was 1-0 with a probability of 9.82%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.78%) and 2-0 (7.04%). The likeliest France win was 0-1 (8.54%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.24%).

Result
PortugalDrawFrance
41.42%25.79%32.79%
Both teams to score 54.28%
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
50.17%49.82%
Over 3.5Under 3.5
28.17%71.82%
Portugal Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.16%23.83%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.99%58.01%
France Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.26%28.73%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.43%64.57%
Score Analysis
    Portugal 41.42%
    France 32.79%
    Draw 25.78%
PortugalDrawFrance
1-0 @ 9.82%
2-1 @ 8.78%
2-0 @ 7.04%
3-1 @ 4.2%
3-0 @ 3.37%
3-2 @ 2.62%
4-1 @ 1.51%
4-0 @ 1.21%
4-2 @ 0.94%
Other @ 1.94%
Total : 41.42%
1-1 @ 12.24%
0-0 @ 6.85%
2-2 @ 5.48%
3-3 @ 1.09%
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 25.78%
0-1 @ 8.54%
1-2 @ 7.64%
0-2 @ 5.33%
1-3 @ 3.18%
2-3 @ 2.28%
0-3 @ 2.21%
1-4 @ 0.99%
Other @ 2.63%
Total : 32.79%

How you voted: France vs Portugal

Winner Match 41
56.5%
Draw
15.2%
Winner Match 42
28.3%
92
Head to Head
Jun 23, 2021 8pm
Group Stage
Portugal
2-2
France
Ronaldo (31' pen., 60' pen.)
Benzema (45+2' pen., 47')
Lloris (27'), Hernandez (36'), Griezmann (40'), Kimpembe (83')
Nov 14, 2020 7.45pm
League A
Portugal
0-1
France

Pereira (31')
Kante (54')
Lloris (62'), Kante (80'), Hernandez (82')
Oct 11, 2020 7.45pm
Jul 10, 2016 8pm
Sep 4, 2015 7.45pm
International Friendlies
Portugal
0-1
France
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany32107
Q Switzerland Switzerland31205
3 Hungary Hungary31023
4 Scotland flag Scotland30121

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain33009
Q Italy Italy31114
3 Croatia Croatia30212
4 Albania national flag Albania30121

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
Q England flag England31205
Q Denmark Denmark30303
Q Slovenia Slovenia30303
4 Serbia Serbia30212

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Austria Austria32016
Q France France31205
Q Netherlands Netherlands31114
4 Poland Poland30121

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Romania Romania31114
Q Belgium Belgium31114
Q Slovakia Slovakia31114
4 Ukraine Ukraine31114

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal32016
Q Turkey Turkey32016
Q Georgia Georgia31114
4 Czech Republic Czech Republic30121


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!