MX23RW : Tuesday, June 25 02:47:36| >> :300:86500:86500:
Argentine Primera Division | Gameweek 3
May 25, 2024 at 9.30pm UK
Estadio Marcelo Alberto Bielsa
Defensa y Justicia

Newell's OB
1 - 0
Defensa

Mendez (80')
Gonzalez (56')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Bogarin (14'), Aguilera (49'), Marco (86')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Argentine Primera Division clash between Newell's Old Boys and Defensa y Justicia, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Velez Sarsfield 1-0 Newell's OB
Wednesday, May 22 at 12am in Argentine Primera Division
Last Game: Defensa 1-1 Gimnasia
Sunday, May 19 at 12am in Argentine Primera Division

We said: Newell's Old Boys 2-0 Defensa y Justicia

Defensa might have picked up three points the last time these two teams met, but this is going to be a tricky test for them this time around. The poor form that the visitors are bringing into this game coupled with the fact that Newell's OB are at home should lead to them winning. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Newell's Old Boys win with a probability of 48.31%. A draw had a probability of 28.1% and a win for Defensa y Justicia had a probability of 23.59%.

The most likely scoreline for a Newell's Old Boys win was 1-0 with a probability of 15.09%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (10.1%) and 2-1 (8.53%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.73%), while for a Defensa y Justicia win it was 0-1 (9.51%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 15.1% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 1-0 win for Newell's Old Boys in this match and our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted the win for Newell's Old Boys.

Result
Newell's Old BoysDrawDefensa y Justicia
48.31% (0.094999999999999 0.09) 28.1% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01) 23.59% (-0.091000000000001 -0.09)
Both teams to score 42.04% (-0.065000000000005 -0.07)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
37.25% (-0.042000000000002 -0.04)62.75% (0.040999999999997 0.04)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
17.71% (-0.031000000000002 -0.03)82.28% (0.028999999999996 0.03)
Newell's Old Boys Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.78% (0.029000000000011 0.03)26.22% (-0.030999999999999 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.68% (0.036999999999999 0.04)61.32% (-0.037999999999997 -0.04)
Defensa y Justicia Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
56.98% (-0.112 -0.11)43.02% (0.111 0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
20.69% (-0.094000000000001 -0.09)79.3% (0.093999999999994 0.09)
Score Analysis
    Newell's Old Boys 48.3%
    Defensa y Justicia 23.59%
    Draw 28.08%
Newell's Old BoysDrawDefensa y Justicia
1-0 @ 15.09% (0.029999999999999 0.03)
2-0 @ 10.1% (0.029999999999999 0.03)
2-1 @ 8.53%
3-0 @ 4.51% (0.018 0.02)
3-1 @ 3.8% (0.0029999999999997 0)
3-2 @ 1.61% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
4-0 @ 1.51% (0.0069999999999999 0.01)
4-1 @ 1.27% (0.002 0)
Other @ 1.88%
Total : 48.3%
1-1 @ 12.73% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 11.27% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-2 @ 3.6% (-0.011 -0.01)
Other @ 0.48%
Total : 28.08%
0-1 @ 9.51% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)
1-2 @ 5.37% (-0.021 -0.02)
0-2 @ 4.01% (-0.019 -0.02)
1-3 @ 1.51% (-0.01 -0.01)
0-3 @ 1.13% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.01% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 1.04%
Total : 23.59%

Head to Head
Apr 16, 2024 11.30pm
Gameweek 14
Defensa
1-0
Newell's OB
Ramos Mingo (65')
Alanis (11')

Gonzalez (14'), Calderara (75'), Fernandez (90+3'), Aguirre (90+5')
Nov 28, 2023 12.30am
Gameweek 14
Newell's OB
3-0
Defensa
Gonzalez (29', 62'), Velazquez (55')
Vangioni (64'), Mendez (72'), Chiaverano (90')

Caceres (49'), Lopez (72'), Escalante (90')
Malatini (81')
Feb 11, 2023 8pm
Jul 25, 2022 11pm
Gameweek 10
Newell's OB
1-2
Defensa
Garro (90+5')
Sforza (17'), Ditta (31'), Sordo (56'), Perez (59'), Luciano (86'), Lema (90+3')
Fernandez (5'), Duarte (48')
Fontana (12'), Souto (45+1'), Lopez (58')
Feb 11, 2022 12.30am
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
 
8pm
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany32107
Q Switzerland Switzerland31205
3 Hungary Hungary31023
4 Scotland flag Scotland30121

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain33009
Q Italy Italy31114
3 Croatia Croatia30212
4 Albania national flag Albania30121

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!