MX23RW : Wednesday, June 19 09:33:42| >> :300:86500:86500:
Argentine Primera Division | Gameweek 2
May 22, 2024 at 12am UK
Estadio Jose Amalfitani

Velez Sarsfield
1 - 0
Newell's OB

Romero (20')
Fernandez (13'), Gomez (28'), Bouzat (36'), Romero (45+4'), Garcia (56')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Martino (52'), Cacciabue (68'), Fernandez (81'), Calderara (85'), Fernandez (90+5')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Argentine Primera Division clash between Velez Sarsfield and Newell's Old Boys, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Gimnasia 3-1 Velez Sarsfield
Monday, May 13 at 11pm in Argentine Primera Division
Last Game: Newell's OB 2-0 Platense
Saturday, May 11 at 1.15am in Argentine Primera Division

We said: Velez Sarsfield 0-1 Newell's Old Boys

Newell's appear to have cleaned up their defensive game, and they should be full of confidence, given their form away from home in the opening round. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Velez Sarsfield win with a probability of 42.96%. A draw had a probability of 29.8% and a win for Newell's Old Boys had a probability of 27.24%.

The most likely scoreline for a Velez Sarsfield win was 1-0 with a probability of 15.04%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (8.91%) and 2-1 (7.83%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (13.22%), while for a Newell's Old Boys win it was 0-1 (11.16%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 15% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 1-0 win for Velez Sarsfield in this match.

Result
Velez SarsfieldDrawNewell's Old Boys
42.96% (0.975 0.98) 29.8% (0.093 0.09) 27.24% (-1.072 -1.07)
Both teams to score 40.58% (-0.764 -0.76)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
34.04% (-0.658 -0.66)65.96% (0.655 0.66)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
15.44% (-0.457 -0.46)84.56% (0.45400000000001 0.45)
Velez Sarsfield Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.4% (0.21900000000001 0.22)30.6% (-0.222 -0.22)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.17% (0.26 0.26)66.83% (-0.264 -0.26)
Newell's Old Boys Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
58.47% (-1.289 -1.29)41.53% (1.287 1.29)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
21.98% (-1.154 -1.15)78.02% (1.149 1.15)
Score Analysis
    Velez Sarsfield 42.96%
    Newell's Old Boys 27.23%
    Draw 29.79%
Velez SarsfieldDrawNewell's Old Boys
1-0 @ 15.04% (0.45 0.45)
2-0 @ 8.91% (0.319 0.32)
2-1 @ 7.83% (0.011 0.01)
3-0 @ 3.52% (0.147 0.15)
3-1 @ 3.09% (0.023 0.02)
3-2 @ 1.36% (-0.039 -0.04)
4-0 @ 1.04% (0.05 0.05)
4-1 @ 0.92% (0.012 0.01)
Other @ 1.25%
Total : 42.96%
1-1 @ 13.22% (-0.059999999999999 -0.06)
0-0 @ 12.7% (0.3 0.3)
2-2 @ 3.44% (-0.119 -0.12)
Other @ 0.43%
Total : 29.79%
0-1 @ 11.16% (-0.12 -0.12)
1-2 @ 5.81% (-0.237 -0.24)
0-2 @ 4.91% (-0.232 -0.23)
1-3 @ 1.7% (-0.133 -0.13)
0-3 @ 1.44% (-0.122 -0.12)
2-3 @ 1.01% (-0.072 -0.07)
Other @ 1.21%
Total : 27.23%

How you voted: Velez Sarsfield vs Newell's OB

Velez Sarsfield
24.0%
Draw
24.0%
Newell's Old Boys
52.0%
25
Head to Head
Feb 3, 2023 11pm
Sep 3, 2022 7.30pm
Gameweek 17
Velez Sarsfield
0-1
Newell's OB

Fernandez (17'), Mulet (24'), Brizuela (90+3'), Caseres (90+5')
Oct 9, 2021 1.15am
Feb 13, 2021 10.20pm
Jan 3, 2021 10.20pm
Fase Complementacion
Newell's OB
0-1
Velez Sarsfield

Sforza (44'), Perez (62')
Brizuela (75')
Bouzat (82')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Switzerland Switzerland11003
3 Hungary Hungary10010
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania10010
4 Croatia Croatia10010

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England11003
2 Denmark Denmark10101
3 Slovenia Slovenia10101
4 Serbia Serbia10010

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands11003
2 France France11003
3 Poland Poland10010
4 Austria Austria10010

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Slovakia Slovakia11003
3 Belgium Belgium10010
4 Ukraine Ukraine10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Turkey Turkey11003
2 Portugal Portugal11003
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic10010
4 Georgia Georgia10010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!