MX23RW : Saturday, July 20 06:17:10| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Ipswich logo
Leicester logo
Liverpool logo
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Southampton logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Manchester City logo
Premier League | Gameweek 36
May 4, 2024 at 5.30pm UK
Etihad Stadium
Wolves logo

Man City
5 - 1
Wolves

Haaland (12' pen., 35', 45+3' pen., 54'), Alvarez (85')
FT(HT: 3-0)
Hee-chan (53')
Lemina (41'), Semedo (45+2'), Traore (64'), Gomes (66')

The Match

Match Report

Erling Haaland scores four goals as Manchester City beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 5-1 in the Premier League to keep the pressure on title rivals Arsenal.

Team News

Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest injury and suspension news ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash between Manchester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Premier League clash between Manchester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Manchester City could line up for Saturday's Premier League clash with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Injuries & Suspensions

Sports Mole rounds up all of Manchester City's latest injury and suspension news ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Wolves 2-1 Luton
Saturday, April 27 at 3pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Manchester City win with a probability of 81.08%. A draw had a probability of 11.4% and a win for Wolverhampton Wanderers had a probability of 7.53%.

The most likely scoreline for a Manchester City win was 3-0 with a probability of 8.59%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 3-1 (8.17%) and 2-0 (8%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (4.73%), while for a Wolverhampton Wanderers win it was 1-2 (2.25%). The actual scoreline of 5-1 was predicted with a 4.2% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Manchester City would win this match.

Result
Manchester CityDrawWolverhampton Wanderers
81.08% (-0.661 -0.66) 11.39% (0.322 0.32) 7.53% (0.3371 0.34)
Both teams to score 58.91% (0.303 0.3)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
78.58% (-0.41199999999999 -0.41)21.42% (0.41 0.41)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
59.91% (-0.573 -0.57)40.09% (0.572 0.57)
Manchester City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
96% (-0.166 -0.17)4% (0.165 0.17)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
83.13% (-0.53 -0.53)16.87% (0.528 0.53)
Wolverhampton Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.37% (0.422 0.42)38.63% (-0.422 -0.42)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
24.63% (0.4 0.4)75.37% (-0.401 -0.4)
Score Analysis
    Manchester City 81.08%
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 7.53%
    Draw 11.39%
Manchester CityDrawWolverhampton Wanderers
3-0 @ 8.59% (-0.067 -0.07)
3-1 @ 8.17% (0.030000000000001 0.03)
2-0 @ 8% (0.040999999999999 0.04)
2-1 @ 7.61% (0.125 0.13)
4-0 @ 6.91% (-0.144 -0.14)
4-1 @ 6.58% (-0.06 -0.06)
1-0 @ 4.97% (0.088 0.09)
5-0 @ 4.45% (-0.152 -0.15)
5-1 @ 4.23% (-0.094 -0.09)
3-2 @ 3.89% (0.058 0.06)
4-2 @ 3.13% (0.0079999999999996 0.01)
6-0 @ 2.39% (-0.113 -0.11)
6-1 @ 2.27% (-0.081 -0.08)
5-2 @ 2.01% (-0.021 -0.02)
7-0 @ 1.1% (-0.067 -0.07)
6-2 @ 1.08% (-0.026 -0.03)
7-1 @ 1.05% (-0.05 -0.05)
4-3 @ 0.99% (0.013 0.01)
Other @ 3.66%
Total : 81.08%
1-1 @ 4.73% (0.136 0.14)
2-2 @ 3.62% (0.1 0.1)
0-0 @ 1.55% (0.047 0.05)
3-3 @ 1.23% (0.033 0.03)
Other @ 0.27%
Total : 11.39%
1-2 @ 2.25% (0.09 0.09)
0-1 @ 1.47% (0.061 0.06)
2-3 @ 1.15% (0.045 0.04)
Other @ 2.66%
Total : 7.53%

How you voted: Man City vs Wolves

Manchester City
80.8%
Draw
7.5%
Wolverhampton Wanderers
11.7%
214
Head to Head
Sep 30, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 7
Wolves
2-1
Man City
Dias (13' og.), Hee-chan (66')
Hee-chan (24'), Lemina (39'), Neto (57'), Sa (82'), Silva (90+3')
Alvarez (58')
Walker (17'), Kovacic (59'), Alvarez (63'), Doku (82')
Jan 22, 2023 2pm
Gameweek 21
Man City
3-0
Wolves
Braut Haaland (40', 50' pen., 54')
Sep 17, 2022 12.30pm
Gameweek 8
Wolves
0-3
Man City
Grealish (1'), Braut Haaland (16'), Foden (69')
May 11, 2022 8.15pm
Gameweek 33
Wolves
1-5
Man City
De Bruyne (7', 16', 24', 60'), Sterling (84')
De Bruyne (78')
Dec 11, 2021 12.30pm
Gameweek 16
Man City
1-0
Wolves
Sterling (66' pen.)
Dias (40'), Rodri (43'), Cancelo (81')

Jimenez (45+1'), Neves (45+3'), Dendoncker (78')
Jimenez (45+2')
Build-up
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola reacts on April 20, 2024
Phil Foden, Ederson - Manchester City injury news and return dates before Wolverhampton Wanderers game
Sports Mole rounds up all of Manchester City's latest injury and suspension news ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash with Wolverhampton Wanderers.
May 1, 10:15
Manchester City's Ederson celebrates after the match on September 23, 2023
Manchester City handed Ederson boost amid season-ending injury fears
Manchester City receive an injury boost regarding first-team goalkeeper Ederson amid reports that he could miss the rest of the season with a shoulder problem.
May 2, 13:16
Manchester City's Ederson with manager Pep Guardiola after being substituted after sustaining an injury on March 10, 2024
How Manchester City could line up against Wolverhampton Wanderers
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Manchester City could line up for Saturday's Premier League clash with Wolverhampton Wanderers.
May 2, 14:06
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola reacts on January 13, 2024
Manchester City handed triple fitness boost ahead of Wolverhampton Wanderers clash
Manchester City receive a triple fitness boost ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash against Wolverhampton Wanderers at the Etihad Stadium.
May 3, 13:14
Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne celebrates scoring against Real Madrid on April 16, 2024
Kevin De Bruyne aiming to break Cesc Fabregas Premier League assist record
Kevin De Bruyne will be looking to break Cesc Fabregas's Premier League assist record when Manchester City welcome Wolverhampton Wanderers to the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.
May 3, 18:24
Manchester City's Phil Foden celebrates scoring their third goal with Ruben Dias and Jack Grealish on April 3, 2024
Manchester City out to surpass 103-year-old unbeaten record in Wolverhampton Wanderers clash
Manchester City will be looking to break a club record that has stood for 103 years when they play host to Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League on Saturday.
May 3, 18:48
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bournemouth00000000
2Arsenal00000000
3Aston Villa00000000
4Brentford00000000
5Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton00000000
6Chelsea00000000
7Crystal Palace00000000
8Everton00000000
9Fulham00000000
10Ipswich TownIpswich00000000
11Leicester CityLeicester00000000
12Liverpool00000000
13Manchester CityMan City00000000
14Manchester UnitedMan Utd00000000
15Newcastle UnitedNewcastle00000000
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest00000000
17Southampton00000000
18Tottenham HotspurSpurs00000000
19West Ham UnitedWest Ham00000000
20Wolverhampton WanderersWolves00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!