MX23RW : Tuesday, June 18 14:38:23| >> :600:343870:343870:
Manchester City logo
FA Cup | Semi-Finals
Apr 20, 2024 at 5.15pm UK
Wembley Stadium
Chelsea logo

Man City
1 - 0
Chelsea

Silva (84')
Alvarez (58'), Petrovic (86')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Caicedo (45'), Foden (82'), De Bruyne (86'), Fernandez (86')

The Match

Match Report

Defending champions Manchester City progress to the FA Cup final with a 1-0 win over a wasteful Chelsea at Wembley in Saturday's semi-final.

Team News

Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest injury and suspension news ahead of Saturday's FA Cup clash between Manchester City and Chelsea.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's FA Cup clash between Manchester City and Chelsea, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Manchester City could line up for Saturday's FA Cup semi-final clash with Chelsea.

Injuries & Suspensions

Sports Mole rounds up Chelsea's injury and suspension news ahead of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City at Wembley Stadium.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Chelsea 6-0 Everton
Monday, April 15 at 8pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Manchester City win with a probability of 52.36%. A win for Chelsea had a probability of 26.53% and a draw had a probability of 21.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Manchester City win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.2%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 3-1 (6.4%) and 2-0 (6.37%). The likeliest Chelsea win was 1-2 (6.37%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (8.82%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 6.1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Manchester City would win this match.

Result
Manchester CityDrawChelsea
52.36% (-0.094999999999999 -0.09) 21.1% (0.023999999999997 0.02) 26.53% (0.074000000000002 0.07)
Both teams to score 66.94% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
68.49% (-0.039000000000001 -0.04)31.51% (0.044 0.04)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
47.01% (-0.048999999999999 -0.05)52.99% (0.052 0.05)
Manchester City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.58% (-0.039000000000001 -0.04)12.41% (0.043000000000001 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
61.69% (-0.085000000000001 -0.09)38.31% (0.089000000000006 0.09)
Chelsea Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.42% (0.028999999999996 0.03)23.57% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.36% (0.039999999999999 0.04)57.64% (-0.036000000000001 -0.04)
Score Analysis
    Manchester City 52.36%
    Chelsea 26.53%
    Draw 21.1%
Manchester CityDrawChelsea
2-1 @ 9.2% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
3-1 @ 6.4% (-0.012 -0.01)
2-0 @ 6.37% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
1-0 @ 6.11% (0.0040000000000004 0)
3-2 @ 4.63% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-0 @ 4.43% (-0.011 -0.01)
4-1 @ 3.34% (-0.012 -0.01)
4-2 @ 2.41% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
4-0 @ 2.31% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
5-1 @ 1.39% (-0.0069999999999999 -0.01)
4-3 @ 1.16% (-0.002 -0)
5-2 @ 1.01% (-0.004 -0)
5-0 @ 0.96% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 2.64%
Total : 52.36%
1-1 @ 8.82% (0.013 0.01)
2-2 @ 6.65% (0.0040000000000004 0)
0-0 @ 2.93% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
3-3 @ 2.23%
Other @ 0.48%
Total : 21.1%
1-2 @ 6.37% (0.013999999999999 0.01)
0-1 @ 4.23% (0.013 0.01)
2-3 @ 3.2% (0.004 0)
1-3 @ 3.07% (0.0089999999999999 0.01)
0-2 @ 3.06% (0.012 0.01)
0-3 @ 1.47% (0.0069999999999999 0.01)
2-4 @ 1.16% (0.002 0)
1-4 @ 1.11% (0.004 0)
Other @ 2.87%
Total : 26.53%

How you voted: Man City vs Chelsea

Manchester City
55.4%
Draw
11.6%
Chelsea
33.0%
336
Head to Head
Feb 17, 2024 5.30pm
Gameweek 25
Man City
1-1
Chelsea
Rodri (83')
Silva (85')
Sterling (42')
Caicedo (35'), Palmer (60'), Petrovic (62')
Nov 12, 2023 4.30pm
Gameweek 12
Chelsea
4-4
Man City
Silva (29'), Sterling (37'), Jackson (67'), Palmer (90+5' pen.)
Cucurella (21'), Palmer (23'), Caicedo (60'), Jackson (90+4'), Sterling (90+7'), Pochettino (90+11')
Haaland (25' pen., 47'), Akanji (45+1'), Rodri (86')
Doku (56'), Rodri (72'), Grealish (90+4')
May 21, 2023 4pm
Gameweek 37
Man City
1-0
Chelsea
Alvarez (12')

Havertz (18'), Fernandez (66')
Jan 8, 2023 4.30pm
Third Round
Man City
4-0
Chelsea
Mahrez (23', 85' pen.), Alvarez (30' pen.), Foden (38')
Jan 5, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 19
Chelsea
0-1
Man City
Mahrez (63')
Build-up
Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne celebrates with the trophy after winning the Champions League on June 10, 2023
All-time combined XI: Manchester City vs. Chelsea
Ahead of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final at Wembley, Sports Mole selects its all-time combined XI between Manchester City and Chelsea.
Apr 19, 16:28
Chelsea head coach Mauricio Pochettino on March 30, 2024.
Levi Colwill, Christopher Nkunku: Chelsea injury list, return dates ahead of Manchester City clash
Sports Mole rounds up Chelsea's injury and suspension news ahead of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City at Wembley Stadium.
Apr 17, 09:15
Manchester City's Erling Haaland in action with Real Madrid's Nacho on April 17, 2024
Erling Haaland, Kevin De Bruyne: Manchester City injury list and return dates ahead of Chelsea clash
Sports Mole rounds up Manchester City's injury and suspension news ahead of their FA Cup semi-final clash with Chelsea on Saturday.
Apr 18, 10:35
Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne walks off the pitch after being substituted on April 17, 2024
How Manchester City could line up against Chelsea
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Manchester City could line up for Saturday's FA Cup semi-final clash with Chelsea.
Apr 18, 13:18
Nicolas Jackson, Cole Palmer and Noni Madueke during Chelsea's win over Everton on April 15, 2024.
How Chelsea could line up against Manchester City
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Chelsea could line up for Saturday's FA Cup semi-final clash with Manchester City.
Apr 18, 13:19
Chelsea's Conor Gallagher in action with Manchester City's Rodri on November 12, 2023
Manchester City vs. Chelsea: Head-to-head record and past meetings
Ahead of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final between Manchester City and Chelsea, Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at the head-to-head record and previous meetings between the two clubs.
Apr 18, 13:46
Julian Alvarez celebrates scoring for Manchester City against Chelsea on January 7, 2023
Manchester City vs. Chelsea past FA Cup meetings
Ahead of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final between Manchester City and Chelsea, Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at the previous meetings between the two clubs in the world's oldest domestic cup competition.
Apr 18, 14:02
Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino on February 12, 2024
Chelsea handed triple injury boost ahead of Manchester City FA Cup tie
Chelsea are handed a triple injury boost ahead of squaring off against Manchester City in Saturday's FA Cup semi-final tie.
Apr 19, 15:25
Manchester City's Erling Haaland comes on as a substitute to replace Kevin De Bruyne on January 31, 2024
Pep Guardiola delivers latest Erling Haaland, Kevin De Bruyne injury update for Chelsea FA Cup tie
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola delivers the latest injury update on Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne ahead of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final clash against Chelsea.
Apr 19, 15:51
Chelsea head coach Mauricio Pochettino on March 30, 2024.
Mauricio Pochettino comments on how Cole Palmer must improve at Chelsea
Chelsea head coach Mauricio Pochettino comments on what changes Cole Palmer must make to continue to be a success at Stamford Bridge.
Apr 19, 18:10
Manchester City's Rodri celebrates scoring their first goal with teammates on April 3, 2024
Manchester City looking to set new unbeaten record in Chelsea FA Cup showdown
Manchester City will be looking to set a new unbeaten record when they face Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley Stadium on Saturday evening.
Apr 19, 20:15
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Switzerland Switzerland11003
3 Hungary Hungary10010
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania10010
4 Croatia Croatia10010

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England11003
2 Denmark Denmark10101
3 Slovenia Slovenia10101
4 Serbia Serbia10010

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands11003
2 France France11003
3 Poland Poland10010
4 Austria Austria10010

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Slovakia Slovakia11003
3 Belgium Belgium10010
4 Ukraine Ukraine10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!