MX23RW : Saturday, July 13 11:39:53| >> :60:40:40:
Netherlands national football team
European Championship | Group Stage
Jun 25, 2024 at 5pm UK
Olympiastadion Berlin
Austria national football team

Netherlands
2 - 3
Austria

Gakpo (47'), Depay (75')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Malen (6' og.), Schmid (59'), Sabitzer (80')
Posch (32'), Wimmer (33'), Querfeld (90+4')

The Match

Match Report

Austria qualify for the last 16 of Euro 2024 as Group D winners after beating Netherlands 3-2 in a thriller at the Olympiastadion in Berlin.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's European Championship clash between Netherlands and Austria, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how the Netherlands could line up for Tuesday's Euro 2024 clash with Austria.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: Netherlands 0-0 France
Friday, June 21 at 8pm in European Championship
All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: Poland 1-3 Austria
Friday, June 21 at 5pm in European Championship

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Netherlands win with a probability of 49.03%. A win for Austria had a probability of 25.67% and a draw had a probability of 25.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Netherlands win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.39%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.4%) and 2-0 (8.9%). The likeliest Austria win was 0-1 (7.71%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.03%). The actual scoreline of 2-3 was predicted with a 1.7% likelihood.

Result
NetherlandsDrawAustria
49.03% (0.501 0.5) 25.3% (0.058999999999997 0.06) 25.67% (-0.562 -0.56)
Both teams to score 51.53% (-0.677 -0.68)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
48.6% (-0.649 -0.65)51.4% (0.646 0.65)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
26.78% (-0.569 -0.57)73.21% (0.566 0.57)
Netherlands Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.02% (-0.051000000000002 -0.05)20.98% (0.048999999999999 0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.25% (-0.077000000000005 -0.08)53.74% (0.074000000000005 0.07)
Austria Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.22% (-0.816 -0.82)34.78% (0.812 0.81)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.49% (-0.869 -0.87)71.51% (0.86699999999999 0.87)
Score Analysis
    Netherlands 49.02%
    Austria 25.67%
    Draw 25.3%
NetherlandsDrawAustria
1-0 @ 11.39% (0.28 0.28)
2-1 @ 9.4% (0.0080000000000009 0.01)
2-0 @ 8.9% (0.202 0.2)
3-1 @ 4.89% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-0 @ 4.63% (0.098 0.1)
3-2 @ 2.58% (-0.06 -0.06)
4-1 @ 1.91% (-0.004 -0)
4-0 @ 1.81% (0.036 0.04)
4-2 @ 1.01% (-0.025 -0.02)
Other @ 2.51%
Total : 49.02%
1-1 @ 12.03% (0.029999999999999 0.03)
0-0 @ 7.3% (0.187 0.19)
2-2 @ 4.96% (-0.107 -0.11)
3-3 @ 0.91% (-0.042 -0.04)
Other @ 0.1%
Total : 25.3%
0-1 @ 7.71% (0.029000000000001 0.03)
1-2 @ 6.36% (-0.127 -0.13)
0-2 @ 4.07% (-0.074999999999999 -0.07)
1-3 @ 2.24% (-0.096 -0.1)
2-3 @ 1.75% (-0.078 -0.08)
0-3 @ 1.43% (-0.059 -0.06)
Other @ 2.12%
Total : 25.67%

How you voted: Netherlands vs Austria

Netherlands
59.5%
Draw
32.8%
Austria
7.7%
671
Head to Head
Jun 17, 2021 8pm
Group Stage
Netherlands
2-0
Austria
Depay (11' pen.), Dumfries (67')
de Roon (14')

Alaba (10'), Bachmann (67')
Jun 4, 2016 7.30pm
International Friendlies
Austria
0-2
Netherlands
Janssen (9'), Wijnaldum (66')
Janssen (21')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany32107
Q Switzerland Switzerland31205
3 Hungary Hungary31023
4 Scotland flag Scotland30121

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain33009
Q Italy Italy31114
3 Croatia Croatia30212
4 Albania national flag Albania30121

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
Q England flag England31205
Q Denmark Denmark30303
Q Slovenia Slovenia30303
4 Serbia Serbia30212

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Austria Austria32016
Q France France31205
Q Netherlands Netherlands31114
4 Poland Poland30121

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Romania Romania31114
Q Belgium Belgium31114
Q Slovakia Slovakia31114
4 Ukraine Ukraine31114

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal32016
Q Turkey Turkey32016
Q Georgia Georgia31114
4 Czech Republic Czech Republic30121


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!