MX23RW : Saturday, February 24 16:30:05| >> :600:431586:431586:
Bolton logo
EFL Trophy | Second Round
Dec 5, 2023 at 7.45pm UK
University of Bolton Stadium
Port Vale
Bolton
2 - 0
Port Vale
Charles (9'), Mendes Gomes (64')
Thomason (60')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Iacovitti (57')
Coverage of the EFL Trophy Second Round clash between Bolton Wanderers and Port Vale.

Form, Standings, Stats

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Bolton Wanderers win with a probability of 63.19%. A draw had a probability of 19.7% and a win for Port Vale had a probability of 17.11%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bolton Wanderers win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.87%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.45%) and 1-0 (8.67%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.06%), while for a Port Vale win it was 1-2 (4.73%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 9.4% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Bolton Wanderers would win this match.

Result
Bolton WanderersDrawPort Vale
63.19% (0.245 0.24) 19.7% (-0.097999999999999 -0.1) 17.11% (-0.141 -0.14)
Both teams to score 57.5% (0.061999999999998 0.06)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
62.53% (0.219 0.22)37.47% (-0.212 -0.21)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
40.31% (0.234 0.23)59.7% (-0.227 -0.23)
Bolton Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.7% (0.134 0.13)11.3% (-0.127 -0.13)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
64.05% (0.279 0.28)35.95% (-0.273 -0.27)
Port Vale Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
64.83% (-0.024999999999991 -0.02)35.17% (0.032000000000004 0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.08% (-0.029 -0.03)71.93% (0.036000000000001 0.04)
Score Analysis
    Bolton Wanderers 63.19%
    Port Vale 17.11%
    Draw 19.7%
Bolton WanderersDrawPort Vale
2-1 @ 9.87% (-0.0080000000000009 -0.01)
2-0 @ 9.45%
1-0 @ 8.67% (-0.044 -0.04)
3-1 @ 7.17% (0.031000000000001 0.03)
3-0 @ 6.87% (0.035 0.04)
4-1 @ 3.91% (0.037 0.04)
3-2 @ 3.75% (0.013 0.01)
4-0 @ 3.74% (0.038 0.04)
4-2 @ 2.04% (0.018 0.02)
5-1 @ 1.71% (0.025 0.03)
5-0 @ 1.63% (0.025 0.02)
Other @ 4.39%
Total : 63.19%
1-1 @ 9.06% (-0.054 -0.05)
2-2 @ 5.16% (-0.0089999999999995 -0.01)
0-0 @ 3.98% (-0.04 -0.04)
3-3 @ 1.31% (0.004 0)
Other @ 0.2%
Total : 19.7%
1-2 @ 4.73% (-0.032 -0.03)
0-1 @ 4.15% (-0.047 -0.05)
0-2 @ 2.17% (-0.026 -0.03)
2-3 @ 1.8% (-0.004 -0)
1-3 @ 1.65% (-0.013 -0.01)
Other @ 2.61%
Total : 17.11%

How you voted: Bolton vs Port Vale

Bolton Wanderers
71.4%
Draw
14.3%
Port Vale
14.3%
7
Head to Head
Sep 30, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 10
Port Vale
0-1
Bolton

Iacovitti (3'), Balmer (45+1')
Charles (43')
Iredale (64'), Morley (68'), Sheehan (76')
Feb 25, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 34
Bolton
2-1
Port Vale
Adeboyejo (18'), Sheehan (26')
Aug 13, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 3
Port Vale
0-0
Bolton
Forrester (45+2'), C (86')
Santos (10'), Williams (49')
Santos (37')
Aug 31, 2021 7pm
Group Stage
Bolton
3-2
Port Vale
Doyle (28'), Delfouneso (54'), Afolayan (77')
Delfouneso (67'), Santos (75'), Baptiste (81'), Brockbank (90')
Conlon (35'), Amoo (43')
Mar 13, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 36
Port Vale
0-1
Bolton

Mills (70'), Legge (79')
Jones (63')
Gilks (89')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City25175358263256
3Arsenal25174458223655
4Aston Villa25154652331949
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd2514293534144
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2510874840838
8Newcastle UnitedNewcastle251141053411237
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham2510693644-836
10Chelsea25105104241135
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves25105103940-135
12Fulham2585123441-729
13Bournemouth2477103346-1328
14Brentford2574143544-925
15Crystal Palace2567122844-1625
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2566133244-1224
17Everton2586112733-620
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2534182555-3013
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2534182265-4313

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!