MX23RW : Friday, June 14 02:40:44| >> :300:86500:86500:
Milan logo
Atalanta logo
Bologna logo
Cagliari logo
Empoli logo
Fiorentina logo
Frosinone logo
Genoa logo
Hellas Verona logo
Inter logo
Juventus logo
Lazio logo
Lecce logo
Monza
Napoli logo
Roma logo
Salernitana
Sassuolo logo
Torino logo
Udinese logo
Empoli logo
Serie A | Gameweek 38
May 26, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Stadio Carlo Castellani
Roma logo

Empoli
2 - 1
Roma

Cancellieri (13'), Niang (90+3')
Gyasi (2'), Destro (34'), Marin (81'), Niang (90')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Aouar (45+1')
Costa (90')

The Match

Match Report

Empoli pull off a great escape from the Serie A relegation zone on the final day with a 2-1 win over Roma, keeping Davide Nicola's men in Serie A as Frosinone go down.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Serie A clash between Empoli and Roma, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Udinese 1-1 Empoli
Sunday, May 19 at 2pm in Serie A
Last Game: Roma 1-0 Genoa
Sunday, May 19 at 7.45pm in Serie A

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Roma win with a probability of 39.98%. A win for Empoli had a probability of 33.32% and a draw had a probability of 26.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Roma win was 0-1 with a probability of 10.58%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.5%) and 0-2 (7.09%). The likeliest Empoli win was 1-0 (9.48%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.68%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 7.6% likelihood.

Result
EmpoliDrawRoma
33.32% (-0.315 -0.31) 26.69% (0.075000000000003 0.08) 39.98% (0.238 0.24)
Both teams to score 51.52% (-0.315 -0.31)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
46.57% (-0.366 -0.37)53.43% (0.364 0.36)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
25.04% (-0.311 -0.31)74.96% (0.31 0.31)
Empoli Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.83% (-0.38800000000001 -0.39)30.17% (0.386 0.39)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.67% (-0.465 -0.46)66.32% (0.464 0.46)
Roma Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.79% (-0.040999999999997 -0.04)26.21% (0.038999999999998 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.69% (-0.053000000000004 -0.05)61.3% (0.053000000000004 0.05)
Score Analysis
    Empoli 33.32%
    Roma 39.98%
    Draw 26.68%
EmpoliDrawRoma
1-0 @ 9.48% (0.033999999999999 0.03)
2-1 @ 7.6% (-0.061999999999999 -0.06)
2-0 @ 5.68% (-0.04 -0.04)
3-1 @ 3.04% (-0.058 -0.06)
3-0 @ 2.27% (-0.04 -0.04)
3-2 @ 2.03% (-0.041 -0.04)
4-1 @ 0.91% (-0.027 -0.03)
Other @ 2.32%
Total : 33.32%
1-1 @ 12.68% (0.029999999999999 0.03)
0-0 @ 7.91% (0.112 0.11)
2-2 @ 5.09% (-0.047 -0.05)
3-3 @ 0.91% (-0.019 -0.02)
Other @ 0.1%
Total : 26.68%
0-1 @ 10.58% (0.14 0.14)
1-2 @ 8.5% (0.011999999999999 0.01)
0-2 @ 7.09% (0.086 0.09)
1-3 @ 3.79% (0.00099999999999989 0)
0-3 @ 3.17% (0.035 0.04)
2-3 @ 2.27% (-0.024 -0.02)
1-4 @ 1.27%
0-4 @ 1.06% (0.01 0.01)
Other @ 2.25%
Total : 39.98%

How you voted: Empoli vs Roma

Empoli
27.2%
Draw
17.6%
Roma
55.2%
125
Head to Head
Sep 17, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 4
Roma
7-0
Empoli
Dybala (2' pen., 55'), Sanches (8'), Grassi (35' og.), Cristante (79'), Lukaku (82'), Mancini (86')
Dybala (38'), Sanches (39')

Cancellieri (39'), Maleh (58')
Feb 4, 2023 5pm
Gameweek 21
Roma
2-0
Empoli
Ibanez (2'), Abraham (6')
Sep 12, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 6
Empoli
1-2
Roma
Dybala (17'), Abraham (71')
Jan 23, 2022 5pm
Gameweek 23
Empoli
2-4
Roma
Pinamonti (55'), Bajrami (72')
Tonelli (63'), Benassi (83')
Abraham (24', 33'), Oliveira (35'), Zaniolo (37')
Mancini (52'), Cristante (85')
Oct 3, 2021 5pm
Gameweek 7
Roma
2-0
Empoli
Pellegrini (42'), Mkhitaryan (48')
Mancini (57'), Zaniolo (85')

Ricci (46'), Haas (56'), Stojanovic (90+1')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Friday, June 14
 
8pm
Saturday, June 15
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 16
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany00000
2 Hungary Hungary00000
3 Scotland flag Scotland00000
4 Switzerland Switzerland00000

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Albania national flag Albania00000
2 Croatia Croatia00000
3 Italy Italy00000
4 Spain Spain00000

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!