MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 12:20:22| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Aberdeen logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 17
Dec 9, 2023 at 3pm UK
Pittodrie Stadium
Hearts logo
Aberdeen
2 - 1
Hearts
Miovski (53'), Clarkson (90+2')
Gartenmann (59'), Miovski (65'), McGrath (78')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Shankland (20')
Nieuwenhof (33'), Lowry (41'), Baningime (64'), Kent (65'), Rowles (73'), Denholm (88'), Shankland (90+5')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Scottish Premiership clash between Aberdeen and Hearts, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Aberdeen 0-1 Kilmarnock
Wednesday, December 6 at 7.45pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Hearts 0-1 Rangers
Wednesday, December 6 at 8pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Aberdeen 0-2 Hearts

Both teams head into this match on the back of defeats which means they will each be looking to get their seasons back on track. Aberdeen have been struggling as of late, meanwhile Hearts walk into the game as favourites, and they should be strong enough to take all three points here. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Hearts win with a probability of 38.02%. A win for Aberdeen had a probability of 36.18% and a draw had a probability of 25.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Hearts win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.19%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.39%) and 0-2 (6.3%). The likeliest Aberdeen win was 1-0 (8.93%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.23%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with an 8.1% likelihood.

Result
AberdeenDrawHearts
36.18% (-0.157 -0.16) 25.8% (-0.051000000000002 -0.05) 38.02% (0.207 0.21)
Both teams to score 54.9% (0.161 0.16)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
50.69% (0.211 0.21)49.31% (-0.214 -0.21)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
28.63% (0.189 0.19)71.36% (-0.19199999999999 -0.19)
Aberdeen Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.58% (0.007000000000005 0.01)26.42% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.41% (0.011000000000003 0.01)61.58% (-0.012999999999998 -0.01)
Hearts Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.61% (0.20999999999999 0.21)25.38% (-0.213 -0.21)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
39.81% (0.291 0.29)60.19% (-0.293 -0.29)
Score Analysis
    Aberdeen 36.18%
    Hearts 38.02%
    Draw 25.79%
AberdeenDrawHearts
1-0 @ 8.93% (-0.076000000000001 -0.08)
2-1 @ 8.15% (-0.016999999999999 -0.02)
2-0 @ 5.94% (-0.049 -0.05)
3-1 @ 3.61% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
3-0 @ 2.64% (-0.021 -0.02)
3-2 @ 2.48% (0.011 0.01)
4-1 @ 1.2% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 3.24%
Total : 36.18%
1-1 @ 12.23% (-0.029999999999999 -0.03)
0-0 @ 6.71% (-0.058999999999999 -0.06)
2-2 @ 5.58% (0.023 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.13% (0.011 0.01)
Other @ 0.14%
Total : 25.79%
0-1 @ 9.19% (-0.023999999999999 -0.02)
1-2 @ 8.39% (0.032 0.03)
0-2 @ 6.3% (0.023 0.02)
1-3 @ 3.83% (0.038 0.04)
0-3 @ 2.88% (0.028 0.03)
2-3 @ 2.55% (0.026 0.03)
1-4 @ 1.31% (0.021 0.02)
0-4 @ 0.99% (0.015 0.02)
Other @ 2.56%
Total : 38.02%

How you voted: Aberdeen vs Hearts

Aberdeen
33.3%
Draw
0.0%
Hearts
66.7%
9
Head to Head
Sep 16, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 5
Hearts
2-0
Aberdeen
Oda (14'), Boyce (64')
Haring (11'), Kent (30'), Boyce (32'), Atkinson (56')

Clarkson (25'), Rubezic (61')
May 20, 2023 12.30pm
Gameweek 36
Hearts
2-1
Aberdeen
Ginnelly (43'), Shankland (56')
Devlin (25')
Pollock (31')
Hayes (11'), Robson (12'), Watkins (25'), Miovski (49'), Ramadani (53')
Mar 18, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 29
Aberdeen
3-0
Hearts
Lopes (5', 21'), Pollock (28')
Jan 18, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 22
Hearts
5-0
Aberdeen
Shinnie (15' og.), Smith (28'), Shankland (40' pen.), Ginnelly (45+1'), Devlin (61')
Oct 16, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 11
Aberdeen
2-0
Hearts
Lopes (74'), Besuijen (79')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1RangersRangers27221461134867
2Celtic26195258184062
3Hearts2716383527851
4Kilmarnock27101073127440
5St Mirren27115113130138
6Dundee2688103641-532
7Hibernian2679103342-930
8Aberdeen2669113143-1227
9Motherwell26511103541-626
10St Johnstone2759131737-2024
11Ross County2657142345-2222
12Livingston2737171845-2716

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!