Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane says that he is "devastated" after losing Marco Asensio to a long-term layoff and admits to being concerned by the mounting injury list.
Zinedine Zidane has admitted that he is 'worried and bothered' by Real Madrid's growing injury list.
Los Blancos are expected to be without key attacker Marco Asensio for up to nine months because of a torn cruciate ligament sustained in the 2-2 draw with Arsenal earlier this week.
Brahim Diaz is also facing a spell on the sidelines and summer signing Ferland Mendy is out for a month with a thigh complaint, meaning that he will miss the start of the new La Liga season.
Questions also continue to be asked of Gareth Bale's future, but Zidane was unwilling to comment on whether he is looking to bring in more new recruits.
"It worries me and above all it bothers me," he told reporters in the United States. "We are preparing the players who are here, then we will return to Madrid.
"I don't think about who is going to replace Marco. We are devastated with Marco's injury and our squad is the one we have here."
Madrid face Atletico Madrid on Saturday and then have friendlies against Tottenham Hotspur and Red Bull Salzburg before their season opener against Celta Vigo on August 17.