MX23RW : Monday, August 3 23:37:24| >> :120:15787:15787:

Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde confirms contact with Antoine Griezmann

Valverde confirms Griezmann contact
© Reuters
Manager Ernesto Valverde confirms that Barcelona are interested in securing a summer deal for Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann.

Ernesto Valverde has admitted that Barcelona have contacted Atletico Madrid regarding the potential signing of Antoine Griezmann.

The France international revealed last week that he had decided to leave Wanda Metropolitano, resulting in renewed speculation regarding a switch to Camp Nou.

Barcelona are said to be the favourites to complete a deal for the attacker, but Valverde has said that he does not want the rumours to act as a distraction ahead of Saturday's Copa del Rey final.

At a press conference, Valverde told reporters: "It is true we have already made contacts. It is true that contacts are ongoing, but the season isn't over yet.

"We have the Copa Del Rey final still to play. We have the chance of winning two titles and we must try to focus on this issue. Afterwards we will have time for everything else - we won't say anything new when we are talking about players from other teams.

"We will see. He is a great player. We've always said so."

Manchester United are also allegedly keen to sign Griezmann in the coming weeks.

ID:359812:

Antoine Griezmann future - Click here for more stories

Click here for more stories about Ernesto Valverde

Click here for more stories about Manchester United

Share this article now:
Did you know...?
Antoine Griezmann and associated hair in action for Atletico Madrid on April 24, 2019
Read Next:
Man United to hijack Barcelona's Griezmann bid?
>
Latest Sports Video
Sports Mole Logo
Enter your email address to subscribe to Sports Mole's free match previews newsletter! Updates are sent twice a week.

rhs 2.0