MX23RW : Tuesday, September 29 05:23:21| >> :120:16035:16035:

Max Kruse: 'I turned down Liverpool offer'

Max Kruse: 'I turned down Liverpool offer'
© Reuters
Max Kruse claims that he turned down the chance to join Liverpool this summer before agreeing a deal with Fenerbahce.

Experienced forward Max Kruse has claimed that he turned down the chance to join Liverpool ahead of the 2019-20 campaign in favour of a switch to Turkish giants Fenerbahce.

The 31-year-old had been available on a free transfer this summer after leaving Werder Bremen.

Kruse, who has turned out on 14 occasions for the German national team, has said that Liverpool offered him a contract before he decided to join Fenerbahce.

"During the transfer period, I've received lots of offers and one of them was Liverpool. But I decided to join Fenerbahce because I believe I will be very happy there," Kruse told beIN Sports.

The striker contributed 11 goals in 32 Bundesliga appearances for Bremen during the 2018-19 campaign.

Liverpool are thought to be in the market for a new attacker this summer following the departure of Daniel Sturridge, who left Anfield on a free transfer.

ID:366234:

Click here for more stories about Max Kruse

Click here for more stories about Liverpool

Share this article now:
Did you know...?
Werder Bremen forward Max Kruse in action against Borussia Dortmund in February, 2019
Read Next:
Liverpool 'face competition for Max Kruse'
>
Latest Sports Video
Sports Mole Logo
Enter your email address to subscribe to Sports Mole's free match previews newsletter! Updates are sent twice a week.

rhs 2.0
Tables

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!