MX23RW : Saturday, February 24 03:03:30| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lorient logo
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Metz logo
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 15
Dec 10, 2023 at 2pm UK
Stade Saint-Symphorien
Brest logo
Metz
0 - 1
Brest

Herelle (40'), Elisor (42'), Jallow (59')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Le Douaron (75')
Lala (2'), Lees-Melou (14')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Ligue 1 clash between Metz and Brest, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Lille 2-0 Metz
Sunday, December 3 at 4.05pm in Ligue 1
Last Game: Brest 1-1 Strasbourg
Thursday, December 7 at 7.30pm in Ligue 1

We said: Metz 2-1 Brest

Metz will be desperate to get back to winning ways after a frustrating match at Lille, and we believe that Les Grenats will have enough equality to cause their visitors issues. Brest face a quick turnaround following Thursday's meeting with Strasbourg, and we feel that the proximity of Sunday's clash to their last could lead to a sluggish performance. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Metz win with a probability of 40.63%. A win for Brest had a probability of 31.78% and a draw had a probability of 27.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Metz win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.79%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.36%) and 2-0 (7.58%). The likeliest Brest win was 0-1 (10.12%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.01%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with a 10.1% likelihood.

Result
MetzDrawBrest
40.63% (-0.125 -0.13) 27.6% (0.033999999999999 0.03) 31.78% (0.094000000000001 0.09)
Both teams to score 48.34% (-0.064999999999998 -0.06)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
42.73% (-0.096000000000004 -0.1)57.27% (0.097999999999999 0.1)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
21.89% (-0.076000000000001 -0.08)78.11% (0.076999999999998 0.08)
Metz Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.35% (-0.113 -0.11)27.65% (0.116 0.12)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.8% (-0.147 -0.15)63.2% (0.15 0.15)
Brest Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
66.82% (0.015999999999991 0.02)33.18% (-0.014000000000003 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
30.21% (0.018000000000001 0.02)69.79% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)
Score Analysis
    Metz 40.62%
    Brest 31.78%
    Draw 27.59%
MetzDrawBrest
1-0 @ 11.79% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-1 @ 8.36% (-0.02 -0.02)
2-0 @ 7.58% (-0.021 -0.02)
3-1 @ 3.58% (-0.02 -0.02)
3-0 @ 3.25% (-0.019 -0.02)
3-2 @ 1.98% (-0.01 -0.01)
4-1 @ 1.15% (-0.01 -0.01)
4-0 @ 1.04% (-0.01 -0.01)
Other @ 1.88%
Total : 40.62%
1-1 @ 13.01% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 9.18% (0.034000000000001 0.03)
2-2 @ 4.61% (-0.0089999999999995 -0.01)
Other @ 0.8%
Total : 27.59%
0-1 @ 10.12% (0.039999999999999 0.04)
1-2 @ 7.18% (0.0089999999999995 0.01)
0-2 @ 5.58% (0.025 0.03)
1-3 @ 2.64% (0.004 0)
0-3 @ 2.05% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-3 @ 1.7% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Other @ 2.51%
Total : 31.78%

How you voted: Metz vs Brest

Metz
42.2%
Draw
40.0%
Brest
17.8%
45
Head to Head
Apr 24, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 34
Metz
0-1
Brest

N'Doram (14'), Jemerson (35'), Kouyate (37'), Delaine (74')
Jemerson (78'), Oukidja (80')
Belaili (27')
Sep 26, 2021 2pm
Gameweek 8
Brest
1-2
Metz
Faivre (68' pen.)
Pierre-Gabriel (46'), Mbock (71'), Chardonnet (88')
De Preville (26'), Centonze (74')
Kouyate (40'), Centonze (82')
Jan 31, 2021 2pm
Gameweek 22
Brest
2-4
Metz
Honorat (33'), Cardona (48')
Perraud (31')
Boulaya (36'), Sarr (74'), Ndiaga Yade (81'), Goncalves (88' pen.)
Ndiaga Yade (89'), Fofana (90+3'), Boulaya (90+3')
Nov 29, 2020 2pm
Gameweek 12
Metz
0-2
Brest

Oukidja (32'), Centonze (66')
Cardona (12'), Boye (64' og.)
Cardona (54')
Mar 21, 2020 7pm
Gameweek 30
Metz
P-P
Brest
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Paris Saint-GermainPSG22165153183553
2Brest22117431181340
3Nice2211652215739
4Lille22108432171538
5MonacoMonaco2211564132938
6Lens2210662821736
7Rennes229763426834
8Reims229492830-231
9Marseille227962924530
10Lyon2384112535-1028
11StrasbourgStrasbourg226792332-925
12Le HavreLe Havre225982328-524
13Toulouse225892230-823
14Montpellier HSCMontpellier225892427-322
15Lorient2257103143-1222
16NantesNantes2264122234-1222
17Metz2345141937-1817
18Clermont2237121636-2016

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!