MX23RW : Sunday, March 3 18:45:32| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Portsmouth
League One | Gameweek 21
Dec 11, 2023 at 8pm UK
Fratton Park
Bolton logo
Portsmouth
2 - 0
Bolton
Shaughnessy (45'), Yengi (88')
Robertson (10'), Sparkes (35'), Rafferty (85')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Thomason (14'), Sheehan (74'), Mendes Gomes (90+2'), Jones (90+5')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Monday's League One clash between Portsmouth and Bolton Wanderers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

We said: Portsmouth 0-1 Bolton Wanderers

Losing their leading marksman before the visit of a Bolton side who have been near-unbreakable in recent games was not on Portsmouth's bingo card, although their extended recuperation period should at least play its part for the hosts. However, given Pompey's recent shortcomings at Fratton Park, Evatt's side have every right to be confident of keeping their hosts at bay, and the effective Adeboyejo-Charles pairing need just one gilt-edged chance to put another twist in the title tale. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Bolton Wanderers win with a probability of 38.61%. A win for Portsmouth had a probability of 36.3% and a draw had a probability of 25.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bolton Wanderers win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.51%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (8.47%) and 0-2 (6.11%). The likeliest Portsmouth win was 2-1 (8.21%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.79%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 5.7% likelihood.

Result
PortsmouthDrawBolton Wanderers
36.3% (0.107 0.11) 25.09% (0.094000000000001 0.09) 38.61% (-0.20200000000001 -0.2)
Both teams to score 57.4% (-0.336 -0.34)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
53.89% (-0.437 -0.44)46.1% (0.435 0.44)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31.59% (-0.415 -0.41)68.4% (0.411 0.41)
Portsmouth Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.14% (-0.143 -0.14)24.85% (0.141 0.14)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.54% (-0.19900000000001 -0.2)59.45% (0.198 0.2)
Bolton Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.38% (-0.30300000000001 -0.3)23.61% (0.3 0.3)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.3% (-0.436 -0.44)57.69% (0.435 0.44)
Score Analysis
    Portsmouth 36.3%
    Bolton Wanderers 38.61%
    Draw 25.09%
PortsmouthDrawBolton Wanderers
2-1 @ 8.21% (0.012 0.01)
1-0 @ 8.17% (0.117 0.12)
2-0 @ 5.69% (0.059 0.06)
3-1 @ 3.81% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
3-2 @ 2.75% (-0.032 -0.03)
3-0 @ 2.64% (0.016 0.02)
4-1 @ 1.33% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
4-2 @ 0.96% (-0.015 -0.02)
4-0 @ 0.92% (0.002 0)
Other @ 1.83%
Total : 36.3%
1-1 @ 11.79% (0.069999999999999 0.07)
2-2 @ 5.92% (-0.044 -0.04)
0-0 @ 5.87% (0.107 0.11)
3-3 @ 1.32% (-0.027 -0.03)
Other @ 0.18%
Total : 25.09%
1-2 @ 8.51% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)
0-1 @ 8.47% (0.082000000000001 0.08)
0-2 @ 6.11% (0.0050000000000008 0.01)
1-3 @ 4.1% (-0.05 -0.05)
0-3 @ 2.94% (-0.024 -0.02)
2-3 @ 2.85% (-0.047 -0.05)
1-4 @ 1.48% (-0.031 -0.03)
0-4 @ 1.06% (-0.018 -0.02)
2-4 @ 1.03% (-0.026 -0.03)
Other @ 2.06%
Total : 38.61%

How you voted: Portsmouth vs Bolton

Portsmouth
35.1%
Draw
8.1%
Bolton Wanderers
56.8%
74
Head to Head
Feb 28, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 11
Portsmouth
3-1
Bolton
Towler (73', 84'), Bishop (87')
Charles (48')
Jan 14, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 27
Bolton
3-0
Portsmouth
Charles (15'), Lee (48'), Toal (71')
Jan 10, 2023 7.45pm
Apr 5, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 40
Bolton
1-1
Portsmouth
Sadlier (76' pen.)
Dempsey (38'), Aimson (49')
O'Brien (50')
(77')
Oct 30, 2021 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth362210460312976
2Derby CountyDerby36216963333069
3Bolton WanderersBolton35216862382469
4Barnsley34199664392566
5Peterborough UnitedPeterborough34188863422162
6Stevenage35179948341460
7Oxford UnitedOxford Utd361691158461257
8Blackpool361681256411556
9Leyton Orient36159124343054
10Lincoln CityLincoln361313104032852
11Bristol Rovers35147144849-149
12Northampton TownNorthampton35147144851-349
13Wigan AthleticWigan36157145147444
14Wycombe WanderersWycombe351011144548-341
15Exeter CityExeter36117182750-2340
16Reading36129154953-439
17Burton Albion35109162944-1539
18Charlton AthleticCharlton36814145054-438
19Cambridge UnitedCambridge35108173144-1338
20Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury36115202651-2538
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham3497182845-1734
22Port Vale3488183457-2332
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood36710194060-2031
24Carlisle UnitedCarlisle3558222960-3123

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!