MX23RW : Tuesday, June 25 15:31:32| >> :300:86500:86500:
Alaves logo
Almeria
Athletic Bilbao logo
Atletico Madrid logo
Barcelona logo
Cadiz logo
Celta Vigo logo
Getafe logo
Girona logo
Granada logo
Las Palmas
Mallorca logo
Osauna logo
Rayo Vallecano logo
Real Betis logo
Real Madrid logo
Real Sociedad logo
Sevilla logo
Valencia logo
Villarreal logo
Athletic Bilbao logo
La Liga | Gameweek 37
May 19, 2024 at 6pm UK
San Mames Barria
Sevilla logo

Athletic Bilbao
2 - 0
Sevilla

Garcia (17'), Muniain (19')
Ruiz de Galarreta (37')
FT(HT: 2-0)

Salas (45+2')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's La Liga clash between Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Sevilla 0-1 Cadiz
Wednesday, May 15 at 6.30pm in La Liga

We said: Athletic Bilbao 2-2 Sevilla

Athletic have proven to be a strong force at San Mames this season, but after drawing four of their last five home matches, we think that they could be held to another draw in their final home game of the 2023-24 campaign. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Athletic Bilbao win with a probability of 61.73%. A draw had a probability of 21.8% and a win for Sevilla had a probability of 16.46%.

The most likely scoreline for an Athletic Bilbao win was 1-0 with a probability of 12.08%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (11.43%) and 2-1 (9.82%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.37%), while for a Sevilla win it was 0-1 (5.48%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with an 11.4% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Athletic Bilbao would win this match.

Result
Athletic BilbaoDrawSevilla
61.73% (-0.85400000000001 -0.85) 21.81% (0.358 0.36) 16.46% (0.495 0.49)
Both teams to score 48.94% (-0.045000000000002 -0.05)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
51.89% (-0.622 -0.62)48.1% (0.622 0.62)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.73% (-0.575 -0.57)70.27% (0.574 0.57)
Athletic Bilbao Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
84.94% (-0.477 -0.48)15.06% (0.477 0.48)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
56.43% (-0.911 -0.91)43.57% (0.91 0.91)
Sevilla Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
57.61% (0.269 0.27)42.38% (-0.27 -0.27)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
21.23% (0.23 0.23)78.77% (-0.23099999999999 -0.23)
Score Analysis
    Athletic Bilbao 61.72%
    Sevilla 16.46%
    Draw 21.81%
Athletic BilbaoDrawSevilla
1-0 @ 12.08% (0.11 0.11)
2-0 @ 11.43% (-0.09 -0.09)
2-1 @ 9.82% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
3-0 @ 7.22% (-0.18 -0.18)
3-1 @ 6.2% (-0.109 -0.11)
4-0 @ 3.42% (-0.145 -0.15)
4-1 @ 2.93% (-0.102 -0.1)
3-2 @ 2.66% (-0.026 -0.03)
5-0 @ 1.29% (-0.078 -0.08)
4-2 @ 1.26% (-0.034 -0.03)
5-1 @ 1.11% (-0.058 -0.06)
Other @ 2.3%
Total : 61.72%
1-1 @ 10.37% (0.17 0.17)
0-0 @ 6.38% (0.163 0.16)
2-2 @ 4.21% (0.029000000000001 0.03)
Other @ 0.84%
Total : 21.81%
0-1 @ 5.48% (0.179 0.18)
1-2 @ 4.45% (0.105 0.11)
0-2 @ 2.35% (0.093 0.09)
1-3 @ 1.27% (0.039 0.04)
2-3 @ 1.21% (0.017 0.02)
Other @ 1.7%
Total : 16.46%

How you voted: Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla

Athletic Bilbao
61.9%
Draw
28.6%
Sevilla
9.5%
42
Head to Head
Jan 4, 2024 6.15pm
Gameweek 19
Sevilla
0-2
Athletic Bilbao

Sow (36'), Rakitic (75'), Marcao (86')
Vesga (30'), Paredes (76')
Garcia (90+2')
Apr 27, 2023 9pm
Gameweek 31
Athletic Bilbao
0-1
Sevilla
Ocampos (90+2' pen.)
Oct 8, 2022 5.30pm
May 22, 2022 9pm
Gameweek 38
Sevilla
1-0
Athletic Bilbao
Mir (68')
Jordan (25'), Acuna (76'), Papu (90+5')

Garcia (38'), Berchiche (57'), Vivian (64')
Dec 11, 2021 8pm
Gameweek 17
Athletic Bilbao
0-1
Sevilla

Lekue (52'), Garcia (62'), Vencedor (65'), Martinez (90+3')
Delaney (38')
Fernando (73'), Rekik (88'), Kounde (90')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany32107
Q Switzerland Switzerland31205
3 Hungary Hungary31023
4 Scotland flag Scotland30121

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain33009
Q Italy Italy31114
3 Croatia Croatia30212
4 Albania national flag Albania30121

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
Q England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Netherlands Netherlands21104
Q France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!