MX23RW : Saturday, July 13 11:58:29| >> :60:4:4:
Romania national football team
European Championship | Group Stage
Jun 17, 2024 at 2pm UK
Allianz Arena
Ukraine national football team

Romania
3 - 0
Ukraine

Stanciu (29'), Marin (53'), Dragus (57')
Marin (79')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Konoplya (67')

The Match

Match Report

Roaring Romania record only their second-ever European Championship victory, smashing Ukraine 3-0 during their Euro 2024 opener at the Allianz Arena in Munich.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Monday's Euro 2024 clash between Romania and Ukraine, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Ukraine could line up for Monday's Euro 2024 clash with Romania.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
Last Game: Romania 0-0 Liechtenstein
Friday, June 7 at 7pm in International Friendlies
All competitions
Last Game: Moldova 0-4 Ukraine
Tuesday, June 11 at 5pm in International Friendlies

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Romania win with a probability of 48.54%. A draw had a probability of 27% and a win for Ukraine had a probability of 24.46%.

The most likely scoreline for a Romania win was 1-0 with a probability of 13.67%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.69%) and 2-1 (8.93%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.59%), while for a Ukraine win it was 0-1 (8.89%). The actual scoreline of 3-0 was predicted with a 4.6% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Romania would win this match.

Result
RomaniaDrawUkraine
48.54% (-0.371 -0.37) 27% (-0.091999999999999 -0.09) 24.46% (0.468 0.47)
Both teams to score 45.61% (0.682 0.68)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
41.42% (0.655 0.66)58.58% (-0.651 -0.65)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
20.86% (0.507 0.51)79.14% (-0.504 -0.5)
Romania Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.77% (0.11800000000001 0.12)24.23% (-0.113 -0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.42% (0.163 0.16)58.58% (-0.157 -0.16)
Ukraine Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
60.2% (0.807 0.81)39.8% (-0.80399999999999 -0.8)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
23.53% (0.735 0.73)76.47% (-0.73099999999999 -0.73)
Score Analysis
    Romania 48.54%
    Ukraine 24.46%
    Draw 27%
RomaniaDrawUkraine
1-0 @ 13.67% (-0.29 -0.29)
2-0 @ 9.69% (-0.177 -0.18)
2-1 @ 8.93% (0.035 0.04)
3-0 @ 4.58% (-0.068000000000001 -0.07)
3-1 @ 4.22% (0.03 0.03)
3-2 @ 1.94% (0.056 0.06)
4-0 @ 1.62% (-0.019 -0.02)
4-1 @ 1.5% (0.016 0.02)
Other @ 2.39%
Total : 48.54%
1-1 @ 12.59% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 9.65% (-0.24 -0.24)
2-2 @ 4.11% (0.105 0.11)
Other @ 0.65%
Total : 27%
0-1 @ 8.89% (-0.024000000000001 -0.02)
1-2 @ 5.8% (0.129 0.13)
0-2 @ 4.09% (0.077999999999999 0.08)
1-3 @ 1.78% (0.077 0.08)
2-3 @ 1.26% (0.059 0.06)
0-3 @ 1.26% (0.051 0.05)
Other @ 1.38%
Total : 24.46%

How you voted: Romania vs Ukraine

Romania
20.9%
Draw
20.5%
Ukraine
58.6%
845
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany32107
Q Switzerland Switzerland31205
3 Hungary Hungary31023
4 Scotland flag Scotland30121

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain33009
Q Italy Italy31114
3 Croatia Croatia30212
4 Albania national flag Albania30121

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
Q England flag England31205
Q Denmark Denmark30303
Q Slovenia Slovenia30303
4 Serbia Serbia30212

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Austria Austria32016
Q France France31205
Q Netherlands Netherlands31114
4 Poland Poland30121

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Romania Romania31114
Q Belgium Belgium31114
Q Slovakia Slovakia31114
4 Ukraine Ukraine31114

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal32016
Q Turkey Turkey32016
Q Georgia Georgia31114
4 Czech Republic Czech Republic30121


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!