MX23RW : Sunday, April 21 05:00:16| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
FC Volendam
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Excelsior
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Vitesse
Excelsior
Eredivisie | Gameweek 23
Feb 25, 2024 at 11.15am UK
Van Donge & De Roo Stadion
Vitesse

Excelsior
1 - 2
Vitesse

FT(HT: 0-0)
Aaronson (53'), Isimat-Mirin (86')
Meulensteen (69')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Eredivisie clash between SBV Excelsior and Vitesse, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Sparta 4-2 Excelsior
Saturday, February 17 at 5.45pm in Eredivisie
Last Game: Vitesse 1-1 Volendam
Sunday, February 18 at 1.30pm in Eredivisie

We said: SBV Excelsior 1-0 Vitesse

Vitesse have been poor on both ends of the pitch all-season long and it is hard to see them coming away with a positive result here. We are backing Excelsior to get the job done at the end of the 90 minutes. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Vitesse win with a probability of 42.58%. A win for SBV Excelsior had a probability of 32.12% and a draw had a probability of 25.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Vitesse win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.46%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.95%) and 0-2 (7.07%). The likeliest SBV Excelsior win was 1-0 (8.01%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.97%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with an 8.9% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Vitesse would win this match.

Result
SBV ExcelsiorDrawVitesse
32.12% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01) 25.3% (0.0010000000000012 0) 42.58% (0.007000000000005 0.01)
Both teams to score 55.67% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
52.08% (-0.007000000000005 -0.01)47.92% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.9% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)70.1% (0.0049999999999955 0)
SBV Excelsior Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.77% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)28.23% (0.0070000000000014 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.07% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)63.93% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
Vitesse Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.56%22.44%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
44.03%55.97%
Score Analysis
    SBV Excelsior 32.12%
    Vitesse 42.58%
    Draw 25.3%
SBV ExcelsiorDrawVitesse
1-0 @ 8.01%
2-1 @ 7.57% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
2-0 @ 5.07% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
3-1 @ 3.19% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-2 @ 2.39% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-0 @ 2.14% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-1 @ 1.01%
Other @ 2.75%
Total : 32.12%
1-1 @ 11.97%
0-0 @ 6.33% (0.0019999999999998 0)
2-2 @ 5.66% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
3-3 @ 1.19% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 0.15%
Total : 25.3%
0-1 @ 9.46% (0.0020000000000007 0)
1-2 @ 8.95% (0.00099999999999945 0)
0-2 @ 7.07% (0.0019999999999998 0)
1-3 @ 4.46%
0-3 @ 3.52% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-3 @ 2.82%
1-4 @ 1.67%
0-4 @ 1.32%
2-4 @ 1.05%
Other @ 2.26%
Total : 42.58%

How you voted: Excelsior vs Vitesse

SBV Excelsior
66.7%
Draw
11.1%
Vitesse
22.2%
9
Head to Head
Oct 7, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 8
Vitesse
0-0
Excelsior
Arcus (30'), Hendriks (69')
Apr 22, 2023 8pm
Aug 12, 2022 7pm
Gameweek 2
Excelsior
3-1
Vitesse
Kharchouch (14', 20'), Goudmijn (76')
Frederiksen (29')
Tronstad (90+6')
Feb 9, 2021 7pm
Quarter-Finals
Excelsior
0-1
Vitesse
Openda (90+1')
Bazoer (20')
Jan 18, 2019 7pm
Gameweek 18
Vitesse
3-2
Excelsior
Foor (6'), Linssen (36'), Van der Werff (67')
Darfalou (61'), van der Werff (72')
Edwards (51'), Schouten (69')
Bruins (17')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1PSV EindhovenPSV30263195177881
2Feyenoord30226277235472
3FC Twente30186656302660
4AZ AlkmaarAZ30167759352455
5Ajax3013986356748
6NECNijmegen301211759441547
7FC UtrechtUtrecht3012994341245
8Go Ahead Eagles30119104439542
9Sparta RotterdamSparta30117124543240
10Heerenveen30106145056-636
11Fortuna SittardSittard3098133452-1835
12Almere CityAlmere City30712113048-1833
13PEC Zwolle3088144058-1832
14Heracles3095164062-2232
15SBV ExcelsiorExcelsior30510154464-2025
16RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk3066182950-2124
17FC VolendamVolendam3047193074-4419
RVitesse3045212268-46-1


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!