MX23RW : Sunday, March 3 18:46:23| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Watford logo
Championship | Gameweek 18
Nov 28, 2023 at 8pm UK
Vicarage Road
Norwich logo
Watford
3 - 2
Norwich
Kone (30'), Rajovic (33'), Asprilla (77')
Livermore (18')
FT(HT: 2-2)
Batth (3'), Ui-jo (12')
Stacey (35'), Duffy (64'), Sainz (90+4'), Giannoulis (90+4')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Championship clash between Watford and Norwich City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Leicester 2-0 Watford
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: Norwich 1-0 QPR
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Watford 2-1 Norwich City

Watford were arguably too passive against league leaders Leicester on the weekend, and the home supporters at Vicarage Road will be demanding their men come out of the blocks quickly against Norwich. The Canaries were unconvincing during their victory over strugglers QPR on Saturday, and we cannot imagine Wagner recording three successive wins considering the current mood in East Anglia. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Watford win with a probability of 54.67%. A win for Norwich City had a probability of 23.04% and a draw had a probability of 22.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Watford win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.82%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.87%) and 2-0 (8.44%). The likeliest Norwich City win was 1-2 (5.99%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.31%). The actual scoreline of 3-2 was predicted with a 3.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Watford would win this match.

Result
WatfordDrawNorwich City
54.67% (0.522 0.52) 22.29% (-0.261 -0.26) 23.04% (-0.265 -0.27)
Both teams to score 58.49% (0.56 0.56)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
59.15% (0.897 0.9)40.84% (-0.89899999999999 -0.9)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.76% (0.90900000000001 0.91)63.23% (-0.911 -0.91)
Watford Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.1% (0.485 0.48)14.9% (-0.487 -0.49)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
56.74% (0.919 0.92)43.26% (-0.921 -0.92)
Norwich City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.73% (0.267 0.27)31.27% (-0.269 -0.27)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.37% (0.309 0.31)67.62% (-0.31099999999999 -0.31)
Score Analysis
    Watford 54.67%
    Norwich City 23.04%
    Draw 22.29%
WatfordDrawNorwich City
2-1 @ 9.82% (0.0070000000000014 0.01)
1-0 @ 8.87% (-0.213 -0.21)
2-0 @ 8.44% (-0.055999999999999 -0.06)
3-1 @ 6.23% (0.109 0.11)
3-0 @ 5.36% (0.056 0.06)
3-2 @ 3.62% (0.09 0.09)
4-1 @ 2.97% (0.102 0.1)
4-0 @ 2.55% (0.069 0.07)
4-2 @ 1.72% (0.071 0.07)
5-1 @ 1.13% (0.058 0.06)
5-0 @ 0.97% (0.043 0.04)
Other @ 2.98%
Total : 54.67%
1-1 @ 10.31% (-0.17 -0.17)
2-2 @ 5.71% (0.047000000000001 0.05)
0-0 @ 4.66% (-0.194 -0.19)
3-3 @ 1.4% (0.045 0.04)
Other @ 0.21%
Total : 22.29%
1-2 @ 5.99% (-0.053 -0.05)
0-1 @ 5.42% (-0.183 -0.18)
0-2 @ 3.15% (-0.083 -0.08)
1-3 @ 2.32% (-0.004 -0)
2-3 @ 2.21% (0.034 0.03)
0-3 @ 1.22% (-0.022 -0.02)
Other @ 2.73%
Total : 23.04%

How you voted: Watford vs Norwich

Watford
56.5%
Draw
10.9%
Norwich City
32.6%
46
Head to Head
Jan 2, 2023 3pm
Oct 15, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 15
Watford
2-1
Norwich
Louza (18'), Davis (31')
Sargent (45')
Jan 21, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 23
Watford
0-3
Norwich

Dennis (36')
Dennis (78')
Sargent (51', 74'), Kucka (90+2' og.)
McLean (38')
Sep 18, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 5
Norwich
1-3
Watford
Pukki (35')
Williams (90+5')
Dennis (17'), Sarr (63', 80')
Cathcart (37')
Apr 20, 2021 6pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester35253771314078
2Ipswich TownIpswich35229470452575
3Leeds UnitedLeeds35227665283773
4Southampton35217769452470
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom351781051331859
6Hull City35168115043756
7Norwich CityNorwich35167126051955
8Preston North EndPreston35158124752-553
9Coventry CityCoventry3513121052421051
10Sunderland35145164640647
11Cardiff CityCardiff35145164048-847
12Watford351111135048244
13Bristol City35128153940-144
14Middlesbrough34135164751-444
15Swansea CitySwansea35119154556-1142
16Plymouth ArgylePlymouth351010155359-640
17Blackburn RoversBlackburn35116184962-1339
18Millwall35109163447-1339
19Queens Park RangersQPR35108173446-1238
20Birmingham CityBirmingham34108164155-1438
21Huddersfield TownHuddersfield35814134156-1538
22Stoke CityStoke35108173348-1538
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds35105202953-2435
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham35310223067-3719

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!