MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 13:09:49| >> :300:86500:86500:
Augsburg logo
Leverkusen logo
Bayern logo
Dortmund logo
Borussia Monchengladbach logo
Eintracht Frankfurt logo
Koln logo
Freiburg logo
Heidenheim
Hoffenheim logo
Mainz logo
Leipzig logo
SV Darmstadt
Stuttgart
Union Berlin logo
VfL Bochum
Werder Bremen logo
Wolfsburg
Wolfsburg
Bundesliga | Gameweek 14
Dec 9, 2023 at 2.30pm UK
VOLKSWAGEN ARENA
Freiburg logo
Wolfsburg
0 - 1
Freiburg

Arnold (85')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Gregoritsch (74')
Hofler (57'), Sallai (77'), Rohl (85'), Holer (86')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Bundesliga clash between Wolfsburg and Freiburg, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Mainz 0-1 Freiburg
Sunday, December 3 at 2.30pm in Bundesliga

We said: Wolfsburg 1-2 Freiburg

Wolfsburg's season appears to have hit a major bump in the road in recent weeks, with Kovac's side seemingly unable to defend to any decent standard. Although their home form has been much stronger than their away record, we believe that they could be vulnerable to another defeat this weekend. Indeed, Freiburg enjoyed a free midweek having already been eliminated from the DFB-Pokal, so they could be fresher as they look to gain back-to-back victories away from home. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Wolfsburg win with a probability of 44.56%. A win for Freiburg had a probability of 31.23% and a draw had a probability of 24.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Wolfsburg win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.16%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.47%) and 2-0 (6.9%). The likeliest Freiburg win was 1-2 (7.46%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.24%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with a 6.9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that Freiburg would win this match.

Result
WolfsburgDrawFreiburg
44.56% (0.0030000000000001 0) 24.2%31.23% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
Both teams to score 59.07% (-0.013000000000005 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.7% (-0.017000000000003 -0.02)43.3% (0.012999999999998 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.3% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)65.69% (0.012 0.01)
Wolfsburg Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.39% (-0.0050000000000097 -0.01)19.6% (0.0010000000000012 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.45% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)51.55% (0.0020000000000024 0)
Freiburg Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.47% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)26.52% (0.010999999999999 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.27% (-0.017999999999994 -0.02)61.72% (0.014000000000003 0.01)
Score Analysis
    Wolfsburg 44.56%
    Freiburg 31.23%
    Draw 24.19%
WolfsburgDrawFreiburg
2-1 @ 9.16%
1-0 @ 8.47% (0.0030000000000001 0)
2-0 @ 6.9% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-1 @ 4.98%
3-0 @ 3.75% (0.0020000000000002 0)
3-2 @ 3.3% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-1 @ 2.03%
4-0 @ 1.53%
4-2 @ 1.35% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 3.1%
Total : 44.56%
1-1 @ 11.24%
2-2 @ 6.08% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
0-0 @ 5.2% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-3 @ 1.46% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 0.22%
Total : 24.19%
1-2 @ 7.46% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-1 @ 6.9% (0.0019999999999998 0)
0-2 @ 4.58%
1-3 @ 3.3% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
2-3 @ 2.69% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-3 @ 2.03% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-4 @ 1.1% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 3.18%
Total : 31.23%

How you voted: Wolfsburg vs Freiburg

Wolfsburg
50.0%
Draw
15.4%
Freiburg
34.6%
26
Head to Head
May 19, 2023 7.30pm
Gameweek 33
Freiburg
2-0
Wolfsburg
Gunter (71'), Petersen (75')
Sallai (31')
Hofler (90+2')

Wind (39'), Wimmer (54'), Gerhardt (67')
Jan 21, 2023 2.30pm
Gameweek 16
Wolfsburg
6-0
Freiburg
Wimmer (1'), Wind (28', 37'), Gerhardt (56'), Baku (80'), Waldschmidt (90+4' pen.)
Mar 12, 2022 2.30pm
Gameweek 26
Freiburg
3-2
Wolfsburg
Grifo (7', 44'), Schlotterbeck (87')
Schlotterbeck (55'), Haberer (64')
Kruse (52'), Arnold (84')
Oct 23, 2021 2.30pm
Gameweek 9
Wolfsburg
0-2
Freiburg

Steffen (7'), Guilavogui (26'), Mbabu (71')
Lienhart (27'), Holer (68')
Jan 31, 2021 5pm
Gameweek 19
Wolfsburg
3-0
Freiburg
Brooks (21'), Weghorst (39'), Gerhardt (85')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bayer LeverkusenB. Leverkusen23194059164361
2Bayern MunichBayern23172463263753
3Stuttgart23152652292347
4Borussia DortmundDortmund22118344271741
5RB Leipzig23124749301940
6Eintracht FrankfurtFrankfurt228953428633
7Werder Bremen238693235-330
8Freiburg228592940-1129
9Heidenheim237793340-728
10Hoffenheim227693841-327
11Borussia MonchengladbachBorussia M'bach2367104145-425
12Union BerlinUnion Berlin2374122337-1425
13VfL BochumVfL Bochum2351082846-1825
14Wolfsburg2266102634-824
15Augsburg225893140-923
16FC Koln2338121637-2117
17Mainz 05Mainz2329121837-1915
18SV Darmstadt 98Darmstadt2327142452-2813

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!