MX23RW : Saturday, August 20 05:06:18| >> :300:86500:86500:
Augsburg logo
Leverkusen logo
Bayern logo
Dortmund logo
Borussia Monchengladbach logo
Eintracht Frankfurt logo
Koln logo
Freiburg logo
Hertha Berlin logo
Hoffenheim logo
Mainz logo
Leipzig logo
Schalke
Stuttgart
Union Berlin logo
VfL Bochum
Werder Bremen logo
Wolfsburg
Aug 6, 2022 at 2.30pm UK at Stadion An der Alten Försterei
Union Berlin
3 - 1
Hertha Berlin
Siebatcheu (32'), Becker (50'), Knoche (54')
Knoche (35'), Leweling (90+3')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Lukebakio (85')
Uremovic (52'), Sunjic (77'), Lukebakio (87')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Bundesliga clash between Union Berlin and Hertha Berlin, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

We said: Union Berlin 2-1 Hertha Berlin

Hertha could hardly have asked for a tougher test in Schwarz's first Bundesliga game in charge, and we expect the more settled hosts to secure a derby victory. The visitors looked wide open against a team one division below them in their cup defeat last weekend, with Union Berlin perfectly poised to hurt them in transition. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Union Berlin win with a probability of 49.16%. A draw had a probability of 26.5% and a win for Hertha Berlin had a probability of 24.35%.

The most likely scoreline for a Union Berlin win was 1-0 with a probability of 13.19%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.64%) and 2-1 (9.1%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.44%), while for a Hertha Berlin win it was 0-1 (8.52%). The actual scoreline of 3-1 was predicted with a 4.4% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Union Berlin would win this match.

Result
Union BerlinDrawHertha Berlin
49.16% (-0.101 -0.1) 26.48% (0.022000000000002 0.02) 24.35% (0.076000000000001 0.08)
Both teams to score 46.9% (0.009999999999998 0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
43.15% (-0.025999999999996 -0.03)56.85% (0.022999999999996 0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
22.22% (-0.021999999999998 -0.02)77.78% (0.019000000000005 0.02)
Union Berlin Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.8% (-0.055999999999997 -0.06)23.19% (0.054000000000002 0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.91% (-0.082999999999998 -0.08)57.09% (0.079999999999998 0.08)
Hertha Berlin Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.06% (0.055999999999997 0.06)38.93% (-0.059000000000005 -0.06)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
24.34% (0.052999999999997 0.05)75.66% (-0.055999999999997 -0.06)
Score Analysis
    Union Berlin 49.16%
    Hertha Berlin 24.35%
    Draw 26.48%
Union BerlinDrawHertha Berlin
1-0 @ 13.19% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-0 @ 9.64% (-0.023 -0.02)
2-1 @ 9.1% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
3-0 @ 4.7% (-0.019 -0.02)
3-1 @ 4.43% (-0.011 -0.01)
3-2 @ 2.09% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
4-0 @ 1.72% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
4-1 @ 1.62% (-0.0069999999999999 -0.01)
Other @ 2.68%
Total : 49.16%
1-1 @ 12.44% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 9.03% (0.0080000000000009 0.01)
2-2 @ 4.29% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 0.72%
Total : 26.48%
0-1 @ 8.52% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
1-2 @ 5.87% (0.015000000000001 0.02)
0-2 @ 4.02% (0.016 0.02)
1-3 @ 1.85% (0.008 0.01)
2-3 @ 1.35% (0.004 0)
0-3 @ 1.26% (0.0069999999999999 0.01)
Other @ 1.49%
Total : 24.35%

How you voted: Union Berlin vs Hertha Berlin

Union Berlin
82.3%
Draw
12.9%
Hertha Berlin
4.8%
62
Head to Head
Apr 9, 2022 5.30pm
Hertha Berlin
1-4
Union Berlin
Baumgartl (49' og.)
Lotka (13'), Jovetic (20'), Kempf (61'), Tousart (65')
Haraguchi (31'), Promel (53'), Becker (74'), Michel (85')
Jan 19, 2022 7.45pm
Hertha Berlin
2-3
Union Berlin
Khedira (54' og.), Serdar (90+5')
Serdar (15')
Voglsammer (11'), Stark (50' og.), Knoche (55')
Oztunali (43')
Nov 20, 2021 5.30pm
Apr 4, 2021 5pm
Union Berlin
1-1
Hertha Berlin
Andrich (10')
Ryerson (17'), Promel (28')
Lukebakio (35' pen.)
Guendouzi (28'), Tousart (45'), Torunarigha (53'), Ascacibar (78')
Dec 4, 2020 7.30pm
Hertha Berlin
3-1
Union Berlin
Pekarik (51'), Piatek (74', 77')
Cunha (84')
Awoniyi (20')
Trimmel (36'), Ryerson (52'), Lenz (64')
Andrich (24')
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Premier League
Championship
Scottish Premiership
La Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Eredivisie
Primeira Liga
League One
League Two
National League
National League North
National League South
Scottish Championship
Scottish League One
Scottish League Two
Turkish Super Lig
Belgian Pro League
Greek Superleague
Russian Premier League
Norwegian Eliteserien
Swedish Allsvenskan
Finnish Veikkausliiga
NIFL Premiership
Welsh Premier League
Belarusian Premier League
Segunda Division
Serie B
2.Bundesliga
Ligue 2
Major League Soccer
Brasileiro
Argentine Primera Division
Uruguayan Primera Division
Liga MX
Chinese Super League
J1 League
Premier League 2 - Div 1
Super League
Cincinnati Masters Quarter-Finals
12am
Auger-Aliassime
Coric
1.30am
Norrie
Alcaraz
Tables

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!