MX23RW : Sunday, June 16 15:21:18| >> :60:30:30:
Latvia national football team
Baltic Cup | Third-Place Playoff
Jun 11, 2024 at 5pm UK
Stadions Daugava
Faroe Islands national football team

Latvia
1 - 0
Faroe Islands

Cigaņiks (50')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Joensen (29')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Baltic Cup clash between Latvia and Faroe Islands, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
Baltic Cup
Last Game: Latvia 0-2 Lithuania
Saturday, June 8 at 2pm in Baltic Cup
Current Group D Standings P GD PTS
1Turkey8717
2Croatia8916
3Wales8012
4Armenia8-28
5Latvia8-143
All competitions
Baltic Cup
Last Game: Estonia 4-1 Faroe Islands
Saturday, June 8 at 5pm in Baltic Cup

We said: Latvia 2-1 Faroe Islands

Although Faroe Islands have experienced relative success under manager Ericson, they could find difficulty on Tuesday given their host's pedigree in the Baltic Cup. Additionally, Latvia will be keen to avoid a fourth-placed finish as it would represent their worst-ever placement in the competition. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Faroe Islands win with a probability of 36.06%. A win for Latvia had a probability of 35.74% and a draw had a probability of 28.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Faroe Islands win was 0-1 with a probability of 11.41%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (7.7%) and 0-2 (6.65%). The likeliest Latvia win was 1-0 (11.34%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.21%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with an 11.3% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that Latvia would win this match.

Result
LatviaDrawFaroe Islands
35.74%28.2%36.06%
Both teams to score 47.2%
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
41.01%58.99%
Over 3.5Under 3.5
20.54%79.46%
Latvia Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.6%31.4%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.23%67.77%
Faroe Islands Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.8%31.2%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.46%67.54%
Score Analysis
    Latvia 35.74%
    Faroe Islands 36.06%
    Draw 28.19%
LatviaDrawFaroe Islands
1-0 @ 11.34%
2-1 @ 7.66%
2-0 @ 6.57%
3-1 @ 2.96%
3-0 @ 2.54%
3-2 @ 1.72%
Other @ 2.95%
Total : 35.74%
1-1 @ 13.21%
0-0 @ 9.8%
2-2 @ 4.46%
Other @ 0.73%
Total : 28.19%
0-1 @ 11.41%
1-2 @ 7.7%
0-2 @ 6.65%
1-3 @ 2.99%
0-3 @ 2.58%
2-3 @ 1.73%
Other @ 3%
Total : 36.06%

How you voted: Loser Semi-final 1 vs Loser Semi-final 2

Loser Semi-final 1
62.5%
Draw
25.0%
Loser Semi-final 2
12.5%
8
Head to Head
Nov 14, 2020 5pm
League D
Latvia
1-1
Faroe Islands
Kamess (59')
Kigurs (77'), Ontuzans (88')
Vatnhamar (60')
Davidsen (58')
Oct 10, 2020 5pm
League D
Faroe Islands
1-1
Latvia
Faero (28')
Nattestad (58')
Ikaunieks (25')
Rugins (19'), Uldrikis (31'), Oss (88')
Oct 7, 2017 5pm
Oct 7, 2016 7.45pm
Group Stage
Latvia
0-2
Faroe Islands
Ragnar Nattestad (19'), Simun Edmundsson (70')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 16
 
5pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Switzerland Switzerland11003
3 Hungary Hungary10010
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania10010
4 Croatia Croatia10010

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands11003
2 Austria Austria00000
3 France France00000
4 Poland Poland10010

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!