Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that Martin Odegaard has not been registered for Saturday's La Liga clash with Alaves.
The 22-year-old is back with Los Blancos following a successful loan spell at Arsenal in the second half of last season, and he had been expected to be a part of the first-team squad at the Bernabeu this term.
However, a recent report claimed that Arsenal were in talks with the Spanish giants over a move for the Norway international before the end of the transfer window.
Ancelotti has confirmed that Odegaard has not been registered for Real Madrid's 2021-22 season opener but has insisted that the door is not closed on the playmaker.
"The situation with Odegaard is like with [Jesus] Vallejo, it's down to where we are right now, we can't register all of them," Ancelotti told reporters. "Tomorrow [Saturday] that could change. We have until September 2 to make the final decision. I've told Odegaard that there are eight players in his position, but it's not final. I had to choose."
The Norwegian has been contracted to Real Madrid since 2015 but has only made 11 first-team appearances for the 34-time Spanish champions.