FIFA has offered its condolences to the families of two construction workers who died in an accident at one of the 2014 World Cup stadiums in Brazil.
Fabio Luiz Pereira, 42, and Ronaldo Oliveira dos Santos, 44, were killed when a crane fell and damaged parts of Sao Paulo's Arena Corinthians stadium.
"We wish to send our heartfelt condolences to the family of the workers who tragically died today," said FIFA in a statement.
"The safety of workers is the top priority for FIFA, the LOC [Local Organising Committee] and the federal government.
"We know the safety of all workers has always been paramount for all the construction companies contracted to build the 12 FIFA World Cup stadiums.
"Please understand that we are in no position to comment further at this stage, as we are awaiting further details from the authorities."
Three confirmed dead after crane collapses into World Cup stadium in São Paulo. Awful scenes. pic.twitter.com/BKTmg3Q9WB— Jack Lang (@snap_kaka_pop) November 27, 2013
Construction company Odebrecht Infrastructure has confirmed that the Arena Corinthians did not sustain any structural damage during the accident, although a number of other construction workers were injured.
"Shortly before 1pm, the crane that hoisted the last module of the structure of the metal roof of the Sao Paulo stadium collapsed causing the fall of the part of the circulation area of the east building - partially hitting the LED facade," the firm told BBC Sport.
"The structure of the grandstand was not compromised. It was the 38th time this type of procedure had been performed and a number of equal proportions was installed just over a week ago in the southern sector of the stadium.
"Teams of firemen are in place. At the moment, all efforts are focused to provide full assistance to the families of the victims."
Club officials at Corinthians have reportedly said that the incident will not prevent the stadium from hosting World Cup matches, with construction believed to be 90% complete prior to the accident.