MX23RW : Wednesday, May 29 14:09:57| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
St Johnstone logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 33
Apr 13, 2024 at 3pm UK
McDiarmid Park
Kilmarnock logo

St Johnstone
0 - 2
Kilmarnock

FT(HT: 0-1)
Wright (23'), Watkins (81')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Scottish Premiership clash between St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Hibernian 1-2 St Johnstone
Saturday, April 6 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: St Johnstone 1-2 Kilmarnock

Both teams will be pushing to secure points for different reasons this weekend, but out of the two, it is Kilmarnock who are enjoying a much stronger season. While Killie typically struggles away from home, they should have enough quality in this particular match to take three points. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Kilmarnock win with a probability of 44.35%. A win for St Johnstone had a probability of 28.64% and a draw had a probability of 27%.

The most likely scoreline for a Kilmarnock win was 0-1 with a probability of 12.12%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.8%) and 0-2 (8.36%). The likeliest St Johnstone win was 1-0 (9.25%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.75%). The actual scoreline of 0-2 was predicted with an 8.4% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Kilmarnock would win this match.

Result
St JohnstoneDrawKilmarnock
28.64% (0.027999999999999 0.03) 27% (0.0079999999999991 0.01) 44.35% (-0.036999999999999 -0.04)
Both teams to score 48.68% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
43.83% (-0.015999999999998 -0.02)56.16% (0.015999999999998 0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
22.77% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)77.22% (0.013999999999996 0.01)
St Johnstone Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.07% (0.012 0.01)34.93% (-0.012999999999998 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.33% (0.013000000000002 0.01)71.67% (-0.013999999999996 -0.01)
Kilmarnock Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.81% (-0.025999999999996 -0.03)25.18% (0.024000000000001 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.09% (-0.036000000000001 -0.04)59.91% (0.035000000000004 0.04)
Score Analysis
    St Johnstone 28.64%
    Kilmarnock 44.34%
    Draw 26.99%
St JohnstoneDrawKilmarnock
1-0 @ 9.25% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
2-1 @ 6.71% (0.0049999999999999 0)
2-0 @ 4.87% (0.0059999999999993 0.01)
3-1 @ 2.35% (0.0020000000000002 0)
3-0 @ 1.71% (0.0029999999999999 0)
3-2 @ 1.62%
Other @ 2.13%
Total : 28.64%
1-1 @ 12.75%
0-0 @ 8.8% (0.0050000000000008 0.01)
2-2 @ 4.63% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
Other @ 0.82%
Total : 26.99%
0-1 @ 12.12% (-0.010000000000002 -0.01)
1-2 @ 8.8% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
0-2 @ 8.36% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
1-3 @ 4.04% (-0.0050000000000008 -0.01)
0-3 @ 3.84% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
2-3 @ 2.13% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
1-4 @ 1.39% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
0-4 @ 1.33% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Other @ 2.33%
Total : 44.34%

How you voted: St Johnstone vs Kilmarnock

St Johnstone
40.0%
Draw
0.0%
Kilmarnock
60.0%
5
Head to Head
Dec 23, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 19
Kilmarnock
2-1
St Johnstone
Watson (6'), Watkins (17')
Clark (61')
Mitov (64')
Nov 1, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 11
St Johnstone
2-1
Kilmarnock
Clark (1', 7')
Kane (75'), Mitov (88')
Costelloe (76')
Vassell (47')
Wright (58'), Watson (66')
May 20, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 36
Kilmarnock
0-1
St Johnstone

Doidge (47')
Watson (44')
Gordon (11')
Ballantyne (29'), Montgomery (71'), Matthews (72')
Mar 18, 2023 3pm
Oct 29, 2022 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
Championship Group
CCeltic550095306593
2RangersRangers531187325585
3Hearts513154421268
4Kilmarnock51224644256
5St Mirren51134652-647
6Dundee50144968-1942
Relegation Group
1Aberdeen54104852-448
2Hibernian52125259-746
3Motherwell52035659-343
4St Johnstone51132954-2535
5Ross County51223867-2935
RLivingston52122970-4125
 
First Phase
CCeltic33246380265478
2RangersRangers33243672234975
3Hearts33195946341262
4Kilmarnock33131284334951
5St Mirren33127143843-543
6Dundee331011124454-1041
7Hibernian33912124451-739
8Motherwell33813124651-537
9Aberdeen33811143549-1435
10St Johnstone33710162446-2231
11Ross County3379173256-2430
RLivingston3339212259-3718


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!