MX23RW : Friday, March 1 17:24:30| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Motherwell logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 15
Dec 2, 2023 at 3pm UK
Fir Park
Dundee logo
Motherwell
3 - 3
Dundee
Biereth (6'), Mugabi (68'), Wilkinson (90+7')
Butcher (44'), Casey (49'), Wilkinson (90+5')
Paton (72')
FT(HT: 1-2)
Cameron (30'), Beck (34'), Robinson (88')
Boateng (80'), McCowan (90+7')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Scottish Premiership clash between Motherwell and Dundee, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Celtic 1-1 Motherwell
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Dundee 1-2 Hibernian
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Motherwell 1-1 Dundee

Motherwell's long winless run is bound to end soon, and Kettlewell needs it to in order to ease the pressure on himself, despite a spirited effort in drawing away to Celtic last week. However, Dundee have proved tricky opponents for many this season, and will look to break into the top six with a result here, having lost just two of their last eight games. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Dundee win with a probability of 41.41%. A win for Motherwell had a probability of 31.79% and a draw had a probability of 26.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Dundee win was 0-1 with a probability of 11.05%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.62%) and 0-2 (7.48%). The likeliest Motherwell win was 1-0 (9.4%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.72%). The actual scoreline of 3-3 was predicted with a 0.9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a draw in this match.

Result
MotherwellDrawDundee
31.79% (-0.22 -0.22) 26.8% (-0.146 -0.15) 41.41% (0.365 0.37)
Both teams to score 50.72% (0.376 0.38)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
45.75% (0.51300000000001 0.51)54.25% (-0.512 -0.51)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
24.35% (0.427 0.43)75.65% (-0.425 -0.42)
Motherwell Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.38% (0.113 0.11)31.62% (-0.111 -0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.97% (0.129 0.13)68.03% (-0.128 -0.13)
Dundee Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.17% (0.42800000000001 0.43)25.83% (-0.428 -0.43)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
39.21% (0.578 0.58)60.79% (-0.576 -0.58)
Score Analysis
    Motherwell 31.79%
    Dundee 41.4%
    Draw 26.8%
MotherwellDrawDundee
1-0 @ 9.4% (-0.161 -0.16)
2-1 @ 7.33% (-0.011 -0.01)
2-0 @ 5.41% (-0.075 -0.08)
3-1 @ 2.81% (0.004 0)
3-0 @ 2.08% (-0.023 -0.02)
3-2 @ 1.9% (0.026 0.03)
Other @ 2.85%
Total : 31.79%
1-1 @ 12.72% (-0.059999999999999 -0.06)
0-0 @ 8.17% (-0.164 -0.16)
2-2 @ 4.96% (0.053 0.05)
Other @ 0.95%
Total : 26.8%
0-1 @ 11.05% (-0.09 -0.09)
1-2 @ 8.62% (0.065 0.06)
0-2 @ 7.48% (0.034 0.03)
1-3 @ 3.89% (0.076 0.08)
0-3 @ 3.38% (0.056 0.06)
2-3 @ 2.24% (0.051 0.05)
1-4 @ 1.32% (0.042 0.04)
0-4 @ 1.14% (0.033 0.03)
Other @ 2.29%
Total : 41.4%

Head to Head
Aug 5, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 1
Dundee
1-1
Motherwell
Cameron (68')
Bair (45')
Souare (72'), McGinley (79')
Mar 5, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 30
Motherwell
1-1
Dundee
Efford (18')
McMullan (6')
Daley-Campbell (53'), Byrne (83')
Nov 27, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 15
Dundee
3-0
Motherwell
McCowan (19'), Mullen (26'), Sweeney (49')
Mullen (45'), Sweeney (59'), Fontaine (76')

Slattery (10'), Mugabi (58'), Roberts (81')
Aug 28, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 4
Motherwell
1-0
Dundee
Watt (34')
van Veen (73'), Kelly (80')
Carroll (79')

McGowan (90+5')
Aug 14, 2021 3pm
Second Round
Dundee
1-0
Motherwell
Ashcroft (78')
Elliott (52'), Byrne (73'), Adam (90+1')

Donnelly (34'), Slattery (86')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1RangersRangers28231463144970
2Celtic28215268204868
3Hearts2816483628852
4Kilmarnock28101083229340
5St Mirren28116113231139
6Dundee2788113748-1132
7Hibernian27710103443-931
8Motherwell28611113945-629
9Aberdeen2769123145-1427
10St Johnstone2869131937-1827
11Ross County2758142446-2223
12Livingston2837181948-2916

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!