MX23RW : Tuesday, April 16 07:36:02| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Hearts logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 28
Feb 28, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Tynecastle Park
Hibs logo

Hearts
1 - 1
Hibernian

Shankland (45+2' pen.)
Devlin (60'), Vargas (67')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Marcondes (28')
Bushiri (19')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Scottish Premiership clash between Hearts and Hibernian, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Rangers 5-0 Hearts
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Hibernian 2-1 Dundee
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Hearts 2-1 Hibernian

While the two sides experienced contrasting results at the weekend, Hearts are still in the stronger vein of form, have enjoyed a better season and boast more quality than their visitors, and with home advantage we can only envisage them making it back-to-back Edinburgh Derby wins on Wednesday. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Hearts win with a probability of 49.47%. A win for Hibernian had a probability of 27.03% and a draw had a probability of 23.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Hearts win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.56%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.84%) and 2-0 (7.73%). The likeliest Hibernian win was 1-2 (6.75%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.92%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with a 10.9% likelihood.

Result
HeartsDrawHibernian
49.47% (-0.0089999999999932 -0.01) 23.51%27.03% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
Both teams to score 58.61% (0.0039999999999978 0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.35% (0.0030000000000001 0)42.64% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.95% (0.0030000000000001 0)65.05% (-0.0049999999999955 -0)
Hearts Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.62% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)17.38% (0.0019999999999989 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.21% (-0.0039999999999978 -0)47.79% (0.0019999999999953 0)
Hibernian Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
70.93% (0.007000000000005 0.01)29.06% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.02% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)64.98% (-0.010999999999996 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Hearts 49.47%
    Hibernian 27.03%
    Draw 23.5%
HeartsDrawHibernian
2-1 @ 9.56% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
1-0 @ 8.84% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
2-0 @ 7.73% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-1 @ 5.57% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
3-0 @ 4.51% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
3-2 @ 3.44%
4-1 @ 2.44%
4-0 @ 1.97% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
4-2 @ 1.51%
Other @ 3.89%
Total : 49.47%
1-1 @ 10.92%
2-2 @ 5.9% (0.0010000000000003 0)
0-0 @ 5.05% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
3-3 @ 1.42%
Other @ 0.21%
Total : 23.5%
1-2 @ 6.75% (0.00099999999999945 0)
0-1 @ 6.24%
0-2 @ 3.86% (0.00099999999999989 0)
1-3 @ 2.78% (0.00099999999999989 0)
2-3 @ 2.43% (0.00099999999999989 0)
0-3 @ 1.59% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 3.38%
Total : 27.03%

How you voted: Hearts vs Hibernian

Hearts
72.7%
Draw
15.2%
Hibernian
12.1%
66
Head to Head
Dec 27, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 20
Hibernian
0-1
Hearts

Levitt (62'), Boyle (73')
Shankland (90+3')
Rowles (14'), Nieuwenhof (59'), Atkinson (88')
Oct 7, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 8
Hearts
2-2
Hibernian
Forrest (28'), Doidge (58' og.)
Shankland (5'), Devlin (8')
Youan (66', 68')
Fish (15')
May 27, 2023 12.30pm
Gameweek 38
Hearts
1-1
Hibernian
Oda (8')
Hill (9'), Shankland (89'), Atkinson (90+4')
Cochrane (29')
Nisbet (31')
Johnson (10'), Doyle-Hayes (21'), Stevenson (24'), Cadden (63'), Campbell (90'), Devlin (90+4')
Apr 15, 2023 12.30pm
Gameweek 32
Hibernian
1-0
Hearts
Nisbet (67')
Jan 22, 2023 2pm
Fourth Round
Hibernian
0-3
Hearts
Ginnelly (10'), Shankland (72'), Sibbick (90+6')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Celtic33246380265478
2RangersRangers32242672234974
3Hearts33195946341262
4Kilmarnock33131284334951
5St Mirren33127143843-543
6Dundee321010124454-1040
7Hibernian33912124451-739
8Motherwell33813124651-537
9Aberdeen33811143549-1435
10St Johnstone33710162446-2231
11Ross County3379173256-2430
12Livingston3339212259-3718


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!