Oct 28, 2014 at 7.15pm UK at ​Ibrox Stadium
St Johnstone
Macleod (86')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Half-Time Report: Rangers, St Johnstone remain level

Rangers and St Johnstone are unable to break the deadlock in an even start to their Scottish League Cup quarter-final.

Rangers and St Johnstone have been unable to make a breakthrough in a goalless opening 45 minutes in their Scottish League Cup quarter-final clash.

Both sides fought for superiority early on as chances proved to be difficult to come by, with Kenny Miller unable to hit the target with an acrobatic effort from a Fraser Aird cross.

An impressive run from Lewis Macleod created a great opportunity for Rangers as he led a break before releasing Kris Boyd, whose low effort was pushed to safety by Alan Mannus.

The battle would play out in the middle of the pitch for the majority of the first half as a lack of quality in attacking areas ensured the two sets of defenders were rarely troubled.

A difficult chance fell to Lee Wallace before the break, but the Rangers full-back could only send his strike sailing over the crossbar from the edge of the box.

St Johnstone should have broken the deadlock with their first chance of the match, but the game would remain goalless heading into the interval after Frazer Wright headed over from close range.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist looks on from the stand during the pre season friendly match between Rangers and Newcastle United at Ibrox Stadium on August 06, 2013
Read Next:
Team News: Gers make trio of changes for Fife trip
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

7St Johnstone217592130-926
9Hamilton AcademicalHamilton2165103034-423
11Partick Thistle2255121937-1820
12Ross County2245132136-1517
Login, I already have my ad-free pass
Log in with Facebook to customise Sports Mole
Buy ad-free access (show me the options)
Buy monthly ad-free access for £1.20/month
Buy yearly ad-free access for £12 (2 months free)
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
Settings - Logout - Manage your account