Rafael Benitez has admitted that Newcastle United's hopes of landing Nicolai Jorgensen from Feyenoord rest solely with Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley.
The Magpies are rumoured to have had a second bid rejected for the Danish striker earlier this week and have been told to hand over £20m - enough to break their long-standing transfer record.
Benitez has been left frustrated in his attempts to bring in further new recruits this month, as he was during the summer, but he is confident that business can be done before the window closes on Wednesday night.
Asked specifically about the Jorgensen bid, the Spaniard told reporters: "I don't deal with that. We have given a list with A, B and C options.
"We are in the same situation. I have had meetings with Lee Charnley every day; Mike Ashley gave us the green light to go forward. It's positive, you have to be positive during the window."
Jorgensen, capped 28 times by his national side, has provided 32 goals in all competitions since joining Feyenoord in 2016.