Newcastle United have planned to open talks with manager Eddie Howe over a contract extension this summer, according to a report.
The former Bournemouth boss has enjoyed a successful spell with the Magpies since taking over from predecessor Steve Bruce in November, winning 13 of his 26 Premier League games in charge so far.
Such form has seen Newcastle rise from 19th in the table to a comfortable 12th place ahead of their final game of the season at Burnley on Sunday, ending fears over relegation out of the top flight.
As a result of his success, the Newcastle hierarchy wish to tie down the long-term future of the 44-year-old according to the Daily Mail, with Howe's contract having just two years left to run this summer.
The report outlines how his current contract is said to be worth around £4m a year, which is equal to the salary earned during his time with the Cherries on the South coast.
Newcastle's new Saudi-backed owners are said to be delighted with the job achieved by Howe so far, and that all parties remain relaxed about the potential contract extension.
Howe's success this season has reinvigorated the Tyneside club and has seen it reconnect with its fanbase, and the achievements on the pitch have resulted in the boss being shortlisted for the Premier League manager of the season award, despite only being in charge for six months.