The summer transfer window has now closed, with Manchester City having again focused on bolstering their defence first and foremost.
Nathan Ake and Ruben Dias arrived for a combined sum of more than £100m, while Ferran Torres was another notable signing. Attention will now switch to the January window as Pep Guardiola's side attempt to win back the Premier League title.
Here, Sports Mole rounds up the latest news on possible comings and goings at the Etihad.
Thursday morning's Manchester City transfer talk news roundup:
Lionel Messi could reportedly extend his stay at Barcelona beyond the end of the 2020-21 season.
The Argentina international is out of contract next June and having been denied a move away from Camp Nou in the recent transfer window, had been expected to leave the club next summer in search of pastures new.
Barca boss Ronald Koeman recently hinted that the club's star player would be moving on next year, but according to The Telegraph, the news that Josep Bartomeu has resigned as president could lead to the 33-year-old extending his stay with the Catalan club.
Bartomeu, who has recently been criticised by both Messi and Gerard Pique, stood down from his position on Tuesday ahead of an expected vote of no confidence.
Manchester City are seen as the favourites to sign the South American should he leave, while Inter Milan and Juventus have also been credited with an interest.
The attacker has scored twice and registered three assists in six appearances for Barca this term.
Sevilla defender Jules Kounde has acknowledged that he was "flattered" when Manchester City made a move for his services in the summer.
Having helped Sevilla to the Europa League trophy during his first year at the club, the Frenchman was inevitably linked with a move to another top side.
Man City were one of the teams who were keen on the 21-year-old before they eventually wrapped up a deal for Benfica's Ruben Dias.
Despite a transfer failing to materialise, Kounde has revealed that he remains "very calm" about the next phase of his career.
Speaking to Sevilla FC TV, the centre-back said: "The interest of a club like City is always a good thing, but I'm at Sevilla and I'm very calm.
"I'm lucky to be at a club that competes at a very good level. We have a fantastic group of players and people. That wasn't a bad option, but I always told (director of football) Monchi that I would not force anything.
"If everyone wasn't happy, I knew I had a contract here, playing in the Champions League."
Kounde penned a five-year deal when leaving Bordeaux for a fee in the region of £22.5m.