MX23RW : Monday, May 10 04:55:06| >> :120:21997:21997:

Liverpool director Damien Comolli expects quiet summer

Comolli expects quiet transfer window
© PA Photos
Liverpool director Damien Comolli insists that the Merseyside club will not make a repeat of last year's spending spree.

Liverpool's director of football Damien Comolli has claimed that the Merseyside club will not be splashing the cash in the summer transfer window.

The Frenchman recently stated that a number of "big players" are keen on moving to Anfield in the summer.

While Comolli has claimed that the club will bring new additions to Merseyside, the director has confirmed that the summer spending won't mirror last year's £120m spree.

"It is early days," said Comolli. "We will probably make some adjustments in the summer but nothing that we've done before.

"We signed nine players since Kenny came back so there will be a few adjustments but nothing massive. We have done the hard work and now it is a question of making some adjustments in certain positions.

"Kenny has said it several times that we have a very competitive squad and all positions are covered by two or three players, quality players, and we have a lot of young players coming through as well."

The Reds ended their six-year wait for silverware by clinching the Carling Cup trophy last weekend.

ID:18434: cacheID:18434:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:restore:2067:
Restore Data
Share this article now:
Did you know...?
Eden Hazard
Read Next:
Liverpool to swoop for Hazard?
>
Read more about Damien Comolli Football

rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Tables

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!