MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 12:15:56| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Charlton Athletic
League One | Gameweek 21
Dec 9, 2023 at 3pm UK
The Valley
Cambridge United
Charlton
2 - 2
Cambridge
May (52'), Campbell (61')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Ahadme (87', 90+6' pen.)
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Charlton Athletic and Cambridge United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

We said: Charlton Athletic 2-1 Cambridge United

While Cambridge United may feel some renewed confidence and optimism following their big cup win and the appointment of a new boss, they face a tough test away at a Charlton Athletic side with superior quality, and we back Appleton's men to take all three points at the Valley. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Charlton Athletic win with a probability of 65.19%. A draw had a probability of 19.9% and a win for Cambridge United had a probability of 14.92%.

The most likely scoreline for a Charlton Athletic win was 2-0 with a probability of 11.1%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (10.6%) and 2-1 (9.87%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.42%), while for a Cambridge United win it was 0-1 (4.5%). The actual scoreline of 2-2 was predicted with a 4.4% likelihood.

Result
Charlton AthleticDrawCambridge United
65.19% (0.073000000000008 0.07) 19.89% (-0.023999999999997 -0.02) 14.92% (-0.054 -0.05)
Both teams to score 51.63% (-0.055 -0.05)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.32% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)42.68% (0.0039999999999978 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.91% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)65.08% (0.0049999999999955 0)
Charlton Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.69% (0.018000000000001 0.02)12.3% (-0.022 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
61.92% (0.039000000000001 0.04)38.08% (-0.042999999999999 -0.04)
Cambridge United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
58.87% (-0.079000000000001 -0.08)41.12% (0.074999999999996 0.07)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
22.33% (-0.07 -0.07)77.66% (0.066000000000003 0.07)
Score Analysis
    Charlton Athletic 65.19%
    Cambridge United 14.92%
    Draw 19.89%
Charlton AthleticDrawCambridge United
2-0 @ 11.1% (0.02 0.02)
1-0 @ 10.6% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-1 @ 9.87% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-0 @ 7.76% (0.02 0.02)
3-1 @ 6.89% (0.0030000000000001 0)
4-0 @ 4.06% (0.013 0.01)
4-1 @ 3.61% (0.0050000000000003 0.01)
3-2 @ 3.06% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
5-0 @ 1.7% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
4-2 @ 1.61% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
5-1 @ 1.51% (0.0029999999999999 0)
Other @ 3.41%
Total : 65.19%
1-1 @ 9.42% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 5.06% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-2 @ 4.39% (-0.011 -0.01)
3-3 @ 0.91% (-0.004 -0)
Other @ 0.11%
Total : 19.89%
0-1 @ 4.5% (-0.0079999999999991 -0.01)
1-2 @ 4.19% (-0.013 -0.01)
0-2 @ 2% (-0.0079999999999998 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.3% (-0.006 -0.01)
1-3 @ 1.24% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 1.7%
Total : 14.92%

Head to Head
Mar 18, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 37
Cambridge
1-2
Charlton
Jones (72')
Leaburn (14'), Rak-Sakyi (28')
Aug 20, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 5
Charlton
1-1
Cambridge
Fraser (41')
Clare (67')
Knibbs (60')
Okedina (6'), Tracey (64')
Apr 19, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 44
Cambridge
0-2
Charlton
Taylor (73'), Washington (80')
Dobson (35'), Washington (61')
Dec 11, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 22
Charlton
2-0
Cambridge
Washington (30', 89')
Famewo (39'), Stockley (45+3'), Clare (50'), Washington (56'), Pearce (76')

Dunk (14'), May (29'), Ironside (45+2'), Digby (45+3')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth352110458302873
2Derby CountyDerby34206859312866
3Bolton WanderersBolton33206760372366
4Barnsley33189660372363
5Peterborough UnitedPeterborough33178861412059
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd351691057441357
7Stevenage33168947341356
8Blackpool341581154401453
9Leyton Orient34149114242051
10Lincoln CityLincoln341212103732548
11Northampton TownNorthampton34146144750-348
12Bristol Rovers34137144749-246
13Wigan AthleticWigan34147134843541
14Exeter CityExeter35117172648-2240
15Wycombe WanderersWycombe33911134144-338
16Reading35119154652-638
17Cambridge UnitedCambridge33108153141-1038
18Burton Albion33108152943-1438
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury34115182646-2038
20Charlton AthleticCharlton34713144752-534
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham3296172843-1533
22Port Vale3287173252-2031
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood3469193456-2227
24Carlisle UnitedCarlisle3348212757-3020

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!