MX23RW : Thursday, May 30 18:27:05| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Carlisle United
League One | Gameweek 44
Apr 13, 2024 at 3pm UK
Brunton Park
Blackpool

Carlisle
0 - 1
Blackpool


Harris (83')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Dembele (1')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Carlisle United and Blackpool, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Cheltenham 0-1 Carlisle
Tuesday, April 9 at 7.45pm in League One
Last Game: Blackpool 1-0 Fleetwood
Tuesday, April 9 at 7.45pm in League One

We said: Carlisle United 0-2 Blackpool

Blackpool may have lost their last two away matches, but we think that the Tangerines will have the quality required to claim a relatively comfortable victory over League One's basement side. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Blackpool win with a probability of 60.3%. A draw had a probability of 22.1% and a win for Carlisle United had a probability of 17.61%.

The most likely scoreline for a Blackpool win was 0-1 with a probability of 11.63%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-2 (10.92%) and 1-2 (9.87%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.5%), while for a Carlisle United win it was 1-0 (5.59%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with an 11.6% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 0-1 win for Blackpool in this match and our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted the win for Blackpool.

Result
Carlisle UnitedDrawBlackpool
17.61% (-0.0010000000000012 -0) 22.09% (0.042000000000002 0.04) 60.3% (-0.045000000000002 -0.05)
Both teams to score 50.39% (-0.145 -0.15)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
52.63% (-0.189 -0.19)47.37% (0.183 0.18)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
30.41% (-0.174 -0.17)69.59% (0.17 0.17)
Carlisle United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
59.48% (-0.116 -0.12)40.52% (0.112 0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
22.87% (-0.104 -0.1)77.13% (0.099999999999994 0.1)
Blackpool Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
84.72% (-0.078999999999994 -0.08)15.28% (0.074999999999999 0.07)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
56.02% (-0.145 -0.15)43.98% (0.141 0.14)
Score Analysis
    Carlisle United 17.61%
    Blackpool 60.29%
    Draw 22.08%
Carlisle UnitedDrawBlackpool
1-0 @ 5.59% (0.026 0.03)
2-1 @ 4.75% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
2-0 @ 2.53% (0.0049999999999999 0)
3-1 @ 1.43% (-0.006 -0.01)
3-2 @ 1.34% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
Other @ 1.98%
Total : 17.61%
1-1 @ 10.5% (0.02 0.02)
0-0 @ 6.19% (0.047000000000001 0.05)
2-2 @ 4.46% (-0.016 -0.02)
Other @ 0.94%
Total : 22.08%
0-1 @ 11.63% (0.06 0.06)
0-2 @ 10.92% (0.02 0.02)
1-2 @ 9.87% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
0-3 @ 6.84% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-3 @ 6.18% (-0.021 -0.02)
0-4 @ 3.21% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
1-4 @ 2.9% (-0.017 -0.02)
2-3 @ 2.79% (-0.018 -0.02)
2-4 @ 1.31% (-0.012 -0.01)
0-5 @ 1.21% (-0.006 -0.01)
1-5 @ 1.09% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 2.33%
Total : 60.29%

How you voted: Carlisle vs Blackpool

Carlisle United
0.0%
Draw
0.0%
Blackpool
100%
5
Head to Head
Dec 9, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 21
Blackpool
3-0
Carlisle
Lyons (22'), Rhodes (67', 90+5')

Barclay (5'), McGeouch (43'), Robinson (88')
Jul 24, 2021 3pm
Pre-season Friendlies
Carlisle
0-1
Blackpool
Mitchell (38')
Oct 15, 2019 7.45pm
Group Stage
Carlisle
2-1
Blackpool
Loft (45'), Carroll (87')
Mellish (38'), Carroll (69')
Gray (25' og.)
Spearing (74')
Feb 11, 2017 3pm
Carlisle
1-4
Blackpool
Ibehre (69')
Raynes (64')
Potts (33'), Flores (56'), Odelusi (83'), Delfouneso (86')
Daniel (50'), Robertson (62'), Matt (89')
Sep 17, 2016 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth462813578413797
3Bolton WanderersBolton462512986513587
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough462591289612884
5Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4622111379562377
6Barnsley4621131282641876
7Lincoln CityLincoln4620141265402574
8Blackpool4621101565481773
9Stevenage4619141357461171
10Wycombe WanderersWycombe461714156055565
11Leyton Orient461811175355-265
12Wigan AthleticWigan462010166356762
13Exeter CityExeter461710194661-1561
14Northampton TownNorthampton46179205766-960
15Bristol Rovers46169215268-1657
16Charlton AthleticCharlton461120156465-153
17Reading461611196870-253
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge461212223961-2248
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury46139243567-3248
20Burton Albion461210243967-2846
RCheltenham TownCheltenham46128264165-2444
RFleetwood TownFleetwood461013234972-2343
RPort Vale461011254174-3341
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4679304181-4030


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!