Alan Curbishley says that he "respected" Fulham's decision to sack him as first-team technical director.
Alan Curbishley has insisted that he "understood and respected" Fulham's decision to sack him as first-team technical director.
The 56-year-old was dismissed, along with head coach Rene Meulensteen and assistant Ray Wilkins, last week following a short stint at Craven Cottage.
Due to Fulham's precarious position in the Premier League, the club opted to bring in new manager Felix Magath, who in turn brought his own coaching staff to the club.
"I understood it and respected it, and looked with interest at the game against West Brom," Curbishley told Sky Sports News.
"[I was] a little bit disappointed because when I went into Fulham, the role I had, I felt it was something that the club needed."
Fulham were held to a 1-1 draw against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, but remain at the bottom of the league table.
Neville criticises Fulham >