MX23RW : Friday, April 12 21:45:30| >> :600:181090:181090:
Liverpool logo
FA Cup | Fifth Round
Feb 28, 2024 at 8pm UK
Anfield
Southampton logo

Liverpool
3 - 0
Southampton

Koumas (44'), Danns (73', 88')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Manning (79')

The Match

Match Report

A Jayden Danns brace and a Lewis Koumas effort guides Liverpool to a 3-0 win over Southampton in the FA Cup fifth round.

Team News

Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest injury and suspension news ahead of Wednesday's FA Cup clash between Liverpool and Southampton.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's FA Cup clash between Liverpool and Southampton, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Liverpool could line up for Wednesday's FA Cup fifth-round clash with Southampton.

Injuries & Suspensions

Sports Mole rounds up all of Liverpool's latest injury and suspension news ahead of Wednesday's FA Cup fifth-round clash with Southampton.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool
Sunday, February 25 at 3pm in EFL Cup
Last Game: Southampton 1-2 Millwall
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in Championship

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Liverpool win with a probability of 52.85%. A win for Southampton had a probability of 25.76% and a draw had a probability of 21.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Liverpool win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.4%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (6.82%) and 1-0 (6.69%). The likeliest Southampton win was 1-2 (6.34%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.21%). The actual scoreline of 3-0 was predicted with a 4.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Liverpool would win this match.

Result
LiverpoolDrawSouthampton
52.85% (-2.363 -2.36) 21.38% (0.78 0.78) 25.76% (1.579 1.58)
Both teams to score 65.06% (-1.128 -1.13)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
66.37% (-2.217 -2.22)33.62% (2.211 2.21)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
44.56% (-2.57 -2.57)55.43% (2.563 2.56)
Liverpool Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87% (-1.421 -1.42)12.99% (1.415 1.42)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
60.49% (-2.978 -2.98)39.5% (2.971 2.97)
Southampton Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.77% (-0.079000000000008 -0.08)25.22% (0.074000000000002 0.07)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.03% (-0.108 -0.11)59.96% (0.101 0.1)
Score Analysis
    Liverpool 52.85%
    Southampton 25.76%
    Draw 21.38%
LiverpoolDrawSouthampton
2-1 @ 9.4% (0.058 0.06)
2-0 @ 6.82% (0.056 0.06)
1-0 @ 6.69% (0.411 0.41)
3-1 @ 6.4% (-0.32 -0.32)
3-0 @ 4.64% (-0.222 -0.22)
3-2 @ 4.4% (-0.231 -0.23)
4-1 @ 3.26% (-0.357 -0.36)
4-0 @ 2.37% (-0.254 -0.25)
4-2 @ 2.25% (-0.252 -0.25)
5-1 @ 1.33% (-0.23 -0.23)
4-3 @ 1.03% (-0.118 -0.12)
5-0 @ 0.97% (-0.164 -0.16)
5-2 @ 0.92% (-0.161 -0.16)
Other @ 2.37%
Total : 52.85%
1-1 @ 9.21% (0.547 0.55)
2-2 @ 6.47% (0.027 0.03)
0-0 @ 3.28% (0.366 0.37)
3-3 @ 2.02% (-0.11 -0.11)
Other @ 0.4%
Total : 21.38%
1-2 @ 6.34% (0.365 0.37)
0-1 @ 4.51% (0.496 0.5)
0-2 @ 3.11% (0.335 0.34)
2-3 @ 2.97% (0.0049999999999999 0)
1-3 @ 2.91% (0.162 0.16)
0-3 @ 1.43% (0.151 0.15)
2-4 @ 1.02%
1-4 @ 1% (0.054 0.05)
Other @ 2.46%
Total : 25.76%

How you voted: Liverpool vs Southampton

Liverpool
84.5%
Southampton
15.5%
322
Head to Head
May 28, 2023 4.30pm
Gameweek 38
Southampton
4-4
Liverpool
Ward-Prowse (19'), Deen Sulemana (28', 48'), Armstrong (64')
Jota (10', 73'), Firmino (14'), Gakpo (72')
Tsimikas (25'), Elliott (60')
Nov 12, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 16
Liverpool
3-1
Southampton
Firmino (6'), Nunez (21', 42')
Adams (9')
May 17, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 37
Southampton
1-2
Liverpool
Redmond (13')
Tella (69'), Stephens (74')
Minamino (27'), Matip (67')
Nov 27, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 13
Liverpool
4-0
Southampton
Jota (2', 32'), Alcantara (37'), Van Dijk (52')

Bednarek (11')
May 8, 2021 8.15pm
Gameweek 35
Liverpool
2-0
Southampton
Mane (31'), Alcantara (90')

Redmond (61')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Result
Tsitsipas
Khachanov
6 6
4 2
Result
Rune
Sinner
4 78 3
6 66 6
Result
Djokovic
De Minaur
7 6
5 4
Result
Humbert
Ruud
3 6 1
6 4 6
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Arsenal31225475245171
2Liverpool31218272304271
3Manchester CityMan City31217371314070
4Tottenham HotspurSpurs31186765452060
5Aston Villa32186866491760
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd31154124546-149
7West Ham UnitedWest Ham32139105256-448
8Newcastle UnitedNewcastle311451265521347
9Chelsea30128105552344
10Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton311110105149243
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves31126134449-542
12Bournemouth31118124555-1041
13Fulham32116154751-439
14Crystal Palace3179153654-1830
15Brentford3278174558-1329
16Everton3198143242-1027
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3278174056-1625
18Luton TownLuton3267194565-2025
19Burnley3247213267-3519
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd3137213082-5216


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!