MX23RW : Sunday, April 14 19:44:57| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Southampton logo
Championship | Gameweek 34
Feb 24, 2024 at 3pm UK
St. Mary's Stadium
Millwall logo

Southampton
1 - 2
Millwall

Adams (34')
Stephens (43'), Edozie (84'), Harwood-Bellis (90+5'), Walker-Peters (90+5')
FT(HT: 1-2)
Tanganga (5'), Flemming (44' pen.)
Honeyman (8'), Tanganga (13'), Sarkic (90+1')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Southampton and Millwall, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Southampton 1-2 Hull City
Tuesday, February 20 at 7.45pm in Championship
Last Game: Millwall 0-2 Sheff Weds
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Southampton 3-0 Millwall

With Millwall starting a new phase another a different manager, they may play with a sense of freedom at St Mary's. Nevertheless, this is the ideal fixture for the Saints to get back on track, and it leads us to predict a dominant win for Martin's side. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Southampton win with a probability of 66.25%. A draw has a probability of 19.4% and a win for Millwall has a probability of 14.35%.

The most likely scoreline for a Southampton win is 2-0 with a probability of 11.09%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 1-0 (10.34%) and 2-1 (9.84%). The likeliest drawn scoreline is 1-1 (9.17%), while for a Millwall win it is 0-1 (4.27%).

Result
SouthamptonDrawMillwall
66.25% (0.52800000000001 0.53) 19.38% (-0.236 -0.24) 14.35% (-0.294 -0.29)
Both teams to score 51.91% (0.058 0.06)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.41% (0.46 0.46)41.59% (-0.461 -0.46)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.01% (0.465 0.46)63.99% (-0.46599999999999 -0.47)
Southampton Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.3% (0.279 0.28)11.69% (-0.281 -0.28)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
63.21% (0.596 0.6)36.78% (-0.597 -0.6)
Millwall Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
58.78% (-0.121 -0.12)41.21% (0.119 0.12)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
22.25% (-0.105 -0.11)77.74% (0.105 0.11)
Score Analysis
    Southampton 66.25%
    Millwall 14.36%
    Draw 19.38%
SouthamptonDrawMillwall
2-0 @ 11.09% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
1-0 @ 10.34% (-0.1 -0.1)
2-1 @ 9.84% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
3-0 @ 7.94% (0.098 0.1)
3-1 @ 7.04% (0.065 0.06)
4-0 @ 4.26% (0.099 0.1)
4-1 @ 3.78% (0.076 0.08)
3-2 @ 3.12% (0.019 0.02)
5-0 @ 1.83% (0.062 0.06)
4-2 @ 1.67% (0.028 0.03)
5-1 @ 1.62% (0.05 0.05)
Other @ 3.71%
Total : 66.25%
1-1 @ 9.17% (-0.119 -0.12)
0-0 @ 4.82% (-0.101 -0.1)
2-2 @ 4.36% (-0.021999999999999 -0.02)
3-3 @ 0.92% (0.003 0)
Other @ 0.12%
Total : 19.38%
0-1 @ 4.27% (-0.104 -0.1)
1-2 @ 4.06% (-0.066999999999999 -0.07)
0-2 @ 1.89% (-0.052 -0.05)
2-3 @ 1.29% (-0.011 -0.01)
1-3 @ 1.2% (-0.024 -0.02)
Other @ 1.64%
Total : 14.36%

How you voted: Southampton vs Millwall

Southampton
80.0%
Draw
12.0%
Millwall
8.0%
50
Head to Head
Nov 4, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 15
Millwall
0-1
Southampton

Wallace (55'), Longman (70')
Fraser (90+3')
Downes (75'), Bednarek (90+1')
Aug 26, 2014 7.45pm
Round Two
Millwall
0-2
Southampton

Briggs (36')
Cork (52'), Pelle (93')
Pelle (84'), Targett (89')
Mar 17, 2012 3pm
Millwall
2-3
Southampton
Robinson (28')
Kane (88'), Henry (89')
Lambert (16', 85', 88')
Aug 20, 2011 3pm
Jan 16, 2010 3pm
Millwall
1-1
Southampton
Trotter (90')
Robinson (11')
Lambert (90')
Seaborne (72'), Fonte (79')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Result
Ruud
Tsitsipas
1 4
6 6
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Ipswich TownIpswich432611685533289
2Leicester CityLeicester422841079384188
3Leeds UnitedLeeds43269876344287
4Southampton41249881542781
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4320121166422472
6Norwich CityNorwich432181476601671
7Hull City421811136254865
8Coventry CityCoventry4217121366521463
9Middlesbrough43189166156563
10Preston North EndPreston42189155657-163
11Cardiff CityCardiff43185204860-1259
12Bristol City431610175046458
13Sunderland43168195250256
14Swansea CitySwansea431411185362-953
15Watford431216155958152
16Millwall431311194255-1350
17Blackburn RoversBlackburn431310205771-1449
18Plymouth ArgylePlymouth431212195866-848
19Queens Park RangersQPR431211204057-1747
20Stoke CityStoke431211204160-1947
21Birmingham CityBirmingham43129224864-1645
22Huddersfield TownHuddersfield43917174770-2344
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds43128233667-3144
RRotherham UnitedRotherham43411283285-5323


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!