Last week, Barkley completed his move from Everton to Stamford Bridge, but the midfielder is yet to feature as he completes the final stages of his recovery from a hamstring injury.
However, while ruling the player out of the Premier League clash with Leicester City, Conte says that the England international could feature against Norwich City in the FA Cup third round replay on Wednesday night.
The 48-year-old told reporters: "I think I have a more clear idea now. We must be satisfied for his physical condition.
"He is working hard in these days and maybe the next game against Norwich he could be in contention. I hope. If he continues in this way then why not. He is not ready 100% but can start to help us for the rest of the season."
Barkley has not played a competitive game since May 21.