MX23RW : Wednesday, May 29 14:52:49| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Preston North End logo
Championship | Gameweek 43
Apr 13, 2024 at 3pm UK
Deepdale
Norwich logo

Preston
0 - 1
Norwich


Whatmough (35'), Storey (72'), Brady (80')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Sara (86')
Sainz (38')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Preston North End and Norwich City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Preston 4-1 Huddersfield
Tuesday, April 9 at 7.45pm in Championship
Last Game: Sheff Weds 2-2 Norwich
Tuesday, April 9 at 7.45pm in Championship

We said: Preston North End 1-2 Norwich City

On the back of blowing a lead against Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich's confidence has no doubt taken a knock. Nevertheless, we are backing the Canaries to bounce back with their most important win of the season, one that could prove pivotal in the playoff race. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Preston North End win with a probability of 46.57%. A win for Norwich City had a probability of 29.84% and a draw had a probability of 23.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Preston North End win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.31%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.12%) and 2-0 (6.98%). The likeliest Norwich City win was 1-2 (7.22%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.82%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with a 6.3% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that Norwich City would win this match.

Result
Preston North EndDrawNorwich City
46.57% (-0.226 -0.23) 23.59% (0.064999999999998 0.06) 29.84% (0.159 0.16)
Both teams to score 60.44% (-0.138 -0.14)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.84% (-0.223 -0.22)41.15% (0.22 0.22)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.44% (-0.227 -0.23)63.55% (0.225 0.23)
Preston North End Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.07% (-0.18000000000001 -0.18)17.92% (0.176 0.18)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
51.26% (-0.305 -0.31)48.73% (0.30099999999999 0.3)
Norwich City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.63% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)26.36% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.49% (-0.010999999999996 -0.01)61.5% (0.0079999999999956 0.01)
Score Analysis
    Preston North End 46.57%
    Norwich City 29.84%
    Draw 23.58%
Preston North EndDrawNorwich City
2-1 @ 9.31% (-0.013999999999999 -0.01)
1-0 @ 8.12% (0.035 0.04)
2-0 @ 6.98% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
3-1 @ 5.33% (-0.039 -0.04)
3-0 @ 4% (-0.028 -0.03)
3-2 @ 3.56% (-0.026 -0.03)
4-1 @ 2.29% (-0.03 -0.03)
4-0 @ 1.72% (-0.022 -0.02)
4-2 @ 1.53% (-0.02 -0.02)
Other @ 3.73%
Total : 46.57%
1-1 @ 10.82% (0.040000000000001 0.04)
2-2 @ 6.21% (-0.011 -0.01)
0-0 @ 4.72% (0.047000000000001 0.05)
3-3 @ 1.58% (-0.013 -0.01)
Other @ 0.25%
Total : 23.58%
1-2 @ 7.22% (0.029 0.03)
0-1 @ 6.3% (0.062 0.06)
0-2 @ 4.2% (0.041 0.04)
1-3 @ 3.21% (0.012 0.01)
2-3 @ 2.76% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
0-3 @ 1.87% (0.018 0.02)
1-4 @ 1.07% (0.004 0)
2-4 @ 0.92% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.29%
Total : 29.84%

How you voted: Preston vs Norwich

Preston North End
21.9%
Draw
28.1%
Norwich City
50.0%
32
Head to Head
Dec 9, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 20
Norwich
0-0
Preston
Evans (76'), Storey (79')
Jan 14, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 27
Preston
0-4
Norwich
Pukki (13', 69'), Dowell (16', 28')
Oct 8, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 14
Norwich
2-3
Preston
Sargent (2'), Sara (76')
Riis Jakobsen (25', 51'), Parrott (80')
Apr 2, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 39
Preston
1-1
Norwich
Potts (90+4')
Ledson (9')
Buendia (17')
Sep 19, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 2
Norwich
2-2
Preston
Pukki (31'), Placheta (85')
Quintilla (47')
Sinclair (14' pen.), Fisher (42')
Fisher (34'), Sinclair (82')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CLeicester CityLeicester463141189414897
3Leeds UnitedLeeds462791081433890
4Southampton462691187632487
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4621121370472375
6Norwich CityNorwich4621101579641573
7Hull City461913146860870
8Middlesbrough46209177162969
9Coventry CityCoventry4617131670591164
10Preston North EndPreston46189195667-1163
11Bristol City461711185351262
12Cardiff CityCardiff46195225370-1762
13Millwall461611194555-1059
14Swansea CitySwansea461512195965-657
15Watford461317166161056
16Sunderland46168225254-256
17Stoke CityStoke461511204960-1156
18Queens Park RangersQPR461511204758-1156
19Blackburn RoversBlackburn461411216074-1453
20Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds46158234468-2453
21Plymouth ArgylePlymouth461312215970-1151
RBirmingham CityBirmingham461311225065-1550
RHuddersfield TownHuddersfield46918194877-2945
RRotherham UnitedRotherham46512293789-5227


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!